Golf | Sports

Shawn Stefani Sinks A Hole-In-One At US Open: Video

Shawn2

Golfer Shawn Stefani sunk his first hole-in-one at the US Open today. According to CBS Sports this is also the first hole in one in the five years the US Open has been held at Merion Golf Glub.

Watch as he makes history (and celebrates accordingly) AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I am confused - is this golfer gay?

Posted by: dan | Jun 16, 2013 9:06:25 PM

2. After No Doubt's failed comeback and her lagging fashion sales, it is good to see Mrs. Rossdale hitting the links.

Posted by: Bollux | Jun 16, 2013 9:43:32 PM

3. Wow amazing. I'm a fan.

Posted by: Gast | Jun 16, 2013 9:52:07 PM

4. lolwot?

Posted by: unokhan | Jun 16, 2013 11:56:27 PM

5. Again - armchair editors....not EVERY piece of news has to be gay. Some gay men really appreciate golf. It's relevant to many people. Sorry if it doesn't contain the latest disco song or drag contest. Plus he's kind of a daddy.

Posted by: Steve | Jun 17, 2013 7:57:24 AM

6. An ace in the hole, ya that's gay.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 17, 2013 8:20:05 AM

7. I don't know. If I come to a gay website, I expect to see gay-related news (about either a friend of the gaiz, a gay person, news relating to gays, whatever). I understand that some gays like golf, but if the person who is the subject isn't gay friendly, gay himself, involved in a gay scandal....why not go to the MSM to see this story? I've never seen this guy mentioned here before at all.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 17, 2013 9:22:55 AM

8. I've been visiting this site for years, Andy has always posted stuff he's interested in that has nothing to do with being gay, such as shark attacks, freakish weather, architecture etc. Do we *really* need another story saying "Preacher denounces gay marriage" or "Republican denounces gay marriage", that stuff gets covered on at least 4 blogs I go to.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jun 17, 2013 10:23:59 AM

9. That 20 yard roll gives you a good indication of how hard a hole-in-one is to achieve.

Posted by: anon | Jun 17, 2013 11:50:53 AM

10. Awesome! I like how everyone knows that a shot like that is pure luck. It's pure skill to get it there in the putting green, but to have the ball curve and fall in like that is alll chance. Great shot!

Posted by: Fenrox | Jun 17, 2013 11:54:32 AM

11. As a gay man who plays golf, I loved this. It was exciting. And just to stir up the pot, I dated him in college :)

Posted by: DC Insider | Jun 17, 2013 12:00:37 PM