Comments

1. Yawn. says

Why does it say ‘Demo Video Not for Broadcast’? Why would a camera ever be focused on the squalling occupants of the vehicle instead of on the storm which they are ostensibly chasing? If you’ve got time to squeal “We’re gonna die!” how much danger can you really be in? This is only slightly less fake than the kid in the runaway weather balloon. Yawn.

2. jamal49 says

What a wuss straight-boy screamer guy is! Dorothy didn’t scream like that!

Um, actually, I don’t know if I should admire the stormchasers for their chutzpah or if I should look at them as the dumbest asses in the world!

My new favorite quote: “HURRY! FORTY’S NOT ENOUGH!!!!”

3. Chadd says

God must be really pissed at Oklahoma about something, because everyone knows tornados are God’s punishment. Maybe he’s not happy about their ultra conservatism…

4. Randy says

How come the advice for citizens in a tornado is to exit your vehicle and lie flat in a ditch, when everyone else is apparently trying to ride out the tornado in their vehicle?

5. James says

I have no doubt this is real. And even though I have less sympathy for storm chasers that put themselves in these dangerous situations, I don’t think it’s fair to call him a wussy and make fun. How do you think you’d act if you found yourself in imminent danger of death?

6. says

Posted by: James | Jun 2, 2013 4:52:19 AM
    __________________________________________

Personally, I wouldn’t put myself in harms way, by “chasing tornadoes”. This guy is only a student. He might want to actually finish his schooling before taking this sort of risk with his, and his friends’ lives.

I’ve seen flaming nelly drag queens behave more butch than this guy…

7. gunther says

Seriously, this can’t be taken seriously as it is as long as the passenger seat guy is there. He needs to take his stuffed animal and lie down in the back or leave the truck. He is too much of a distraction for the driver.

If he was not acting he would be swearing. If he feels it is wrong to swear, he would feel it is wrong to ride shotgun in a truck in Oklahoma.

8. ratbastard says

Attention whores. Not to mention VERY bad acting. There are first responders and search and rescue who really do put their own lives on the line in many disaster situations. Firefighters are amazing, going into building engulfed by fire, possibility of collapse and explosions. Then there’s these dudes mugging for the camera, deliberately putting themselves in harms way.

9. Tatts says

…and not wearing a seatbelt through the entire thing until the end. Dope.

I do get the feeling that he was saying random stuff that they could use for later edits.

10. Steven says

F**King IDOTS. I have no pity for these people trying to test Mother Nature; all for video footage. Gayest Straight Men I have heard or seen. Stupid.

11. machIII says

Look all you idiots these are trained meteorologist and researchers and they are not putting themselves in harm’s way for the thrill of the chase but to gather important information in an effort to try to give everyone that lives in tornado area more warning so they can take cover and protect themselves and their families. If the idiots that are not trained spotters/chasers would stay off the road and out of the way it would go a long way in assuring that those that are trained can get out of harms way when neccesaary.

12. Henry Holland says

Brett Wright, the driver, is way cute.

@jsb
    As a lifelong Cali boy, no way, I’d take tornado’s any day because there’s plenty of warning that they’re coming. The 1994 Northridge quake where I was 10 miles from the epicenter? Not so much.

Plus, you forgot all the CA brush fires and the winter flooding that result from them. :-)

13. Joder Con El Toro..... says

@MachIII: “…they are not putting themselves in harm’s way for the thrill of the chase..”

Then why was the camera focused INTO the cab again?

Three “storm-chasers” got killed on Friday. I highly doubt that whatever video footage they might’ve gotten was worth their lives. They were idiots in chase of a little macho swagger–if they left wives and children behind, exponential idiots.

I’m sorry about the loss of life, but I totally do not respect what these idiots do. It’s only a half-rung above getting gored by a bull in Pamplona on the stupidity ladder.

14. UFFDA says

Yes three men, including a father and son, died doing this on Friday. What for? A tornado is a crap shoot everywhere, all the time. They lost. Can any more wind-velocity and trajectory “studies” help anyone?
    It’s got to be the end of thrills – and science – to be in a car that has been turned into a shreiking torpedo.