Fitness | News | Stephen Amell

Stephen Amell Tells Last Month's Body to 'Go Eff Itself': PHOTOS

Amell

Arrow's Stephen Amell has high standards for his body, which he's happy to share with fans.

Writes Amell on Facebook: "June 13th & July 15th. No filter. It was important to enjoy my hiatus, but the picture on the left can go eff itself."

Comments

1. The body on the left can come f* me if it likes...

Posted by: Michael W. | Jul 16, 2013 2:27:11 PM

2. How come the "old" body does not have any tattoo's??

Posted by: BisbeeChris | Jul 16, 2013 2:27:47 PM

3. He said later:

"FYI - I typically laugh at shirtless selfies, but the photo on the left was a long lens shot that really violated my privacy. Thus, I'm willing to make an exception."

The scars and tattoos are make up after he was in character.

He also recently tweeted that when he's filming he doesn't change clothes for several days at a time.

Posted by: Eric | Jul 16, 2013 2:33:14 PM

4. Stephen,
    You know Daddy doesn't like it when you shave down like that!

Posted by: bigolpoofter | Jul 16, 2013 2:51:18 PM

5. I hope the tats and the extensive scarring are all make-up.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jul 16, 2013 2:56:19 PM

6. Stephen, it is not possible for you to take a bad picture. MICHAEL W. posted what I was thinking!

Posted by: andrew | Jul 16, 2013 3:00:05 PM

7. Stephen Amell is really sexy. Its unfortunate that fact does NOTHING to help his exceptionally boring TV show.

Posted by: Ted | Jul 16, 2013 3:14:58 PM

8. Am I the only one that actually prefers the picture on the left?

Posted by: RyanC | Jul 16, 2013 3:56:31 PM

9. There isn't that big of a difference. He sounds like he has body dysmorphia issues. I guess it doesn't only strike women who think they are 5 pounds overweight and therefore shamu.

Posted by: Zeta | Jul 16, 2013 4:18:43 PM

10. yeah, i was not even sure what he was talking about until i read the comments. i guess he is saying that he has a better body now. uh, ok - not that big a difference to me

Posted by: Kevin | Jul 16, 2013 4:39:20 PM

11. The tats and scars are for his role on Arrow.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jul 16, 2013 5:07:23 PM

12. And the pic on the left is still better than 95% of people.

Posted by: Sean | Jul 16, 2013 5:38:13 PM

13. If the one on the left could go "eff" itself. I would watch.

Posted by: Mikey DallasM | Jul 16, 2013 5:45:06 PM

14. I like the before picture better.

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 16, 2013 6:17:16 PM

15. I find this guy to be extremely lickable. His training scenes make me wanna. But, yeah, he's hot, BUT has anyone else noticed that his oh-so-hard pecs have a droopy quality to them. This is not a criticism. It's just something most of us would probably say right away if he weren't famous.

Posted by: Martin Haro | Jul 16, 2013 8:01:53 PM

16. the second picture just looks like he's tightening his abs and pulling his shoulders back

Posted by: Mike C. | Jul 16, 2013 8:06:25 PM

17. Uh...but I prefer the one on the left. Seems a lot more cuddly.

Posted by: Luke | Jul 16, 2013 9:42:15 PM

18. who is he, why is this worth looking at, etc, etc.

Posted by: kodiak | Jul 16, 2013 11:21:22 PM

19. KODIAK, if you haven't seen the show Arrow, you are missing something very nice. Not the show though

Posted by: jleo71 | Jul 16, 2013 11:38:19 PM

20. Arrow is a great action/superhero show, and having Amell in it is a plus, but he's certainly not the only reason to watch it. It was developed from comic books and it has managed to keep lot of the qualities good comic books and their storylines have. And the show does have a sort of good comic book feel to it, which is not easy at all to achieve. BTW I haven't read Arrow comics but I'm talking in broader sense.

So if someone is bitching here that the show is boring don't just take it as a truth, but take a look at it yourself. You might not like what the show is like, but it doesn't change the fact that the show is very well made with great actors and good storytelling. I love the show's atmosphere and all the eye candy in it really is just a plus.

Posted by: kode | Jul 17, 2013 12:47:52 AM

21. Hear, hear Kode. Some people may not like it but it is better than many big network shows, aside from being a hit for The CW.

Posted by: Glenn | Jul 17, 2013 2:00:24 AM

22. June 13th-July 15th....Was I a good person? get caught up on the world? any new words learned? Any charities donated? connected with any friends or family? Nope, just super insecure about my 1% body fat....problem solved! Does this arrow make my ass look big?

Posted by: shataqua | Jul 17, 2013 3:06:03 AM

23. Mr. Arnell is plenty hot, but I personally think Justin Hartley, the classically handsome and also muscular blond god who played the Green Arrow on "Smallville," is 10 times hotter and has more personality to boot. But either one will do!

Posted by: rayyblon | Jul 17, 2013 9:35:10 AM

24. I'm amazed that so many people can't figure out why there are no tattoos in one picture but not the other. Have they never heard of body makeup? Do they actually think any actor would get his body permanently tattooed and/or scarred for just one role? For that matter, do they assume actors' skin REALLY looks as flawless, as unmarked by the process called life, as beautiful as it does on TV without body makeup?

Posted by: rayyblon | Jul 17, 2013 9:42:22 AM

25. If he would put a little muscle belly on with that chest and arms, we'd be talkin.

Posted by: Josh | Jul 23, 2013 12:27:35 AM