Music Video | Pentatonix | Todrick Hall

BigGayDeal.com

Todrick Hall And Pentatonix in an Incredible 'Wizard of Oz' Mash-Up: VIDEO

Wizard of Ahhhs

It was really only a matter of time before this happened: Todrick Hall and Pentatonix made a music video together.

Todrick Hall, known for creating comedy on YouTube with videos like "Beauty and the Beat", has decided to tackle a retelling of The Wizard of Oz with a mashup that would make DJ Earworm envious. The best part is that the six-minute medly is an a capella collaboration with the immensely talented Pentatonix; their cover of "Somebody That I Used To Know" is astounding, if you haven't heard it.

"The Wizard of Ahhhs" is gorgeously produced, contains bits from songs by Judy Garland, Taylor Swift, Daughtry, Lady Gaga, Danity Kane, Mötley Crüe, and more, and can be seen AFTER THE JUMP...

Tinman

Comments

1. This is colorful but lame, strained and tuneless. Why redo a classic when it was and is still perfect.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 18, 2013 10:14:01 AM

2. that is F%$%*ng AWESOME!

Posted by: CKNJ | Jul 18, 2013 10:20:08 AM

3. WOW!! That is talent!!!! So simple and awesome! Thanks for posting this! It made my day!

Posted by: AJ | Jul 18, 2013 10:30:06 AM

4. That was freakin' BRILLIANT!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jul 18, 2013 10:44:44 AM

5. That was fun. That young man has a huge talent. I hope it takes him somewhere amazing!

And, of course, Pentatonix are just incredible.

Posted by: Lymis | Jul 18, 2013 11:02:28 AM

6. Todrick is an amazing talent. He directs all of these videos, choreographs, acts, and of course sings. This collaboration with Pentatonix is AMAZING!!! I have watched it so many times.

Posted by: THurts | Jul 18, 2013 11:19:42 AM

7. I really loved this!!! Young Fun POP Culture

Posted by: AnthonyR | Jul 18, 2013 11:29:38 AM

8. Kelly's Shoes song is sampled! YES!

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 18, 2013 11:49:53 AM

9. There aren't enough Kudos to do this justice. F'ing brilliance!!!

Posted by: Gary A/House Music Pusher | Jul 18, 2013 12:32:19 PM

10. I guess I'm a dissenter, too. This is a bland reworking and I don't really like the Broadway-Vegas glitz (I disliked "The Wiz", too). Dispite the raves from other posters, there's limited originality here and the new tunes are mediocre (I forget each one as they ended). But, as we see from "American Idol" and Mariah Carey, there's a huge market for mediocrity and vanilla, so I won't knock it.

Posted by: will | Jul 18, 2013 1:10:24 PM

11. that was fun!

Posted by: reality | Jul 18, 2013 1:42:41 PM

12. Nothing short of brilliant. Really good costuming and video production and very clever mix of songs. Love it!

Posted by: AriesMatt | Jul 18, 2013 1:50:49 PM

13. Uh, Mr. Walters, we all make typos so your misspellings of medley and a cappella are tolerable. But your misuse of the term a cappella is not. It means, "without instrumental sound," while the video is full of it.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Jul 18, 2013 2:54:33 PM

14. I would have been way more excited if they used the actual songs from the Wizard of Oz... THAT would have been cool. :(

Posted by: Ryan | Jul 18, 2013 3:23:09 PM

15. Why redo a classic?
    Uh, the same could have been asked of the writers and producers of the film with Judy. There was a perfectly wonderful book written by Baum. Why did they have to put a new spin - using that crazy new technocolor technology - when the words on tree pulp were just fine.
    And I do believe that this was done a capella. Multiple tracks stitched together maybe, but still done without instruments.
    Mad props to all involved.

Posted by: ebanders | Jul 18, 2013 5:00:18 PM

16. That was actually awful. I HATE new music because of auto tune and that's what this is. I'm 24...and I prefer yesteryears music...

Posted by: Will | Jul 18, 2013 11:06:39 PM

17. I'm a HUGE Pentatonix fan, so there was no question I'd want to watch this. They were their usual spectacular selves. I think it should be seen for its entertainment value. Sure the W of O was uncomparable, but this was fun, and if I didn't like it, I simply would have turned it off, without bitching that it couldn't replace any originals. Hey, if people haven't seen Pentatonix before, catch their preformances on Youtube. And....they "make" all of their own accompaniment. By the way, 99% of music today is mediocre, but at least they present it in a different way, and they can SING, which is unheard of with today's "artists".

Posted by: Bill | Jul 19, 2013 10:39:20 AM

18. I'm a HUGE Pentatonix fan, so there was no question I'd want to watch this. They were their usual spectacular selves. I think it should be seen for its entertainment value. Sure the W of O was uncomparable, but this was fun, and if I didn't like it, I simply would have turned it off, without bitching that it couldn't replace any originals. Hey, if people haven't seen Pentatonix before, catch their preformances on Youtube. And....they "make" all of their own accompaniment. By the way, 99% of music today is mediocre, but at least they present it in a different way, and they can SING, which is unheard of with today's "artists".

Posted by: Bill | Jul 19, 2013 10:39:20 AM

19. What's Dorothy doing at Southfork?

Posted by: Peter | Jul 27, 2013 1:42:31 AM