Comments

1. THurts says

Todrick is an amazing talent. He directs all of these videos, choreographs, acts, and of course sings. This collaboration with Pentatonix is AMAZING!!! I have watched it so many times.

2. will says

I guess I’m a dissenter, too. This is a bland reworking and I don’t really like the Broadway-Vegas glitz (I disliked “The Wiz”, too). Dispite the raves from other posters, there’s limited originality here and the new tunes are mediocre (I forget each one as they ended). But, as we see from “American Idol” and Mariah Carey, there’s a huge market for mediocrity and vanilla, so I won’t knock it.

3. Michael Bedwell says

Uh, Mr. Walters, we all make typos so your misspellings of medley and a cappella are tolerable. But your misuse of the term a cappella is not. It means, “without instrumental sound,” while the video is full of it.

4. ebanders says

Why redo a classic?
    Uh, the same could have been asked of the writers and producers of the film with Judy. There was a perfectly wonderful book written by Baum. Why did they have to put a new spin – using that crazy new technocolor technology – when the words on tree pulp were just fine.
    And I do believe that this was done a capella. Multiple tracks stitched together maybe, but still done without instruments.
    Mad props to all involved.

5. Bill says

I’m a HUGE Pentatonix fan, so there was no question I’d want to watch this. They were their usual spectacular selves. I think it should be seen for its entertainment value. Sure the W of O was uncomparable, but this was fun, and if I didn’t like it, I simply would have turned it off, without bitching that it couldn’t replace any originals. Hey, if people haven’t seen Pentatonix before, catch their preformances on Youtube. And….they “make” all of their own accompaniment. By the way, 99% of music today is mediocre, but at least they present it in a different way, and they can SING, which is unheard of with today’s “artists”.

6. Bill says