Advertising | Lady Gaga | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga Releases 'Applause' Remixes: AUDIO

Applause

Lady Gaga yesterday released two remixes of "Applause" by DJ White Shadow. Meanwhile, the track has already been licensed for a Kia commercial.

Listen and watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Hamsters

Comments

1. That second remix is fantastic!!!!!

Posted by: Michael J. Hildebrand | Aug 23, 2013 9:39:35 AM

2. The smell of desperation hangs heavy in the air. If GaGa had her way, this stupid song would be our national anthem.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 23, 2013 9:44:32 AM

3. Her song has been licensed for a Kia commercial? I thought only corporate who'res did that.

Posted by: Brent silverstein | Aug 23, 2013 9:48:50 AM

4. Ewww, what a sell-out!!

Posted by: Adamn | Aug 23, 2013 9:51:10 AM

5. I wonder if LGBT-friendly Lady Gaga knows that Kia is one of the only automakers in the U.S. (along with its sister, Hyundai) that doesn't offer workplace protections for LGBT employees. http://gaywheels.com/gff/

Posted by: Richard | Aug 23, 2013 10:10:48 AM

6. Mice on ellipticals? I can't even get myself to watch.

Posted by: Butch | Aug 23, 2013 10:20:52 AM

7. GO LADY GAGA!

Posted by: Reality | Aug 23, 2013 10:45:12 AM

8. I think the Kia commercial is WAY better than Gaga's original video!

Posted by: DiatribesAndOvations | Aug 23, 2013 11:29:57 AM

9. WTF?!

Posted by: J. Alan | Aug 23, 2013 12:13:17 PM

10. The commercial was amusing. The remixes were an atrocious cacophony.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 23, 2013 12:16:47 PM

11. I don't think Gaga EVER chided anyone for making a profit. Someone is projecting.

Posted by: Polyboy | Aug 23, 2013 2:01:32 PM

12. ZZzzzz...I wont bother to watch...the song and video were not even good.

Posted by: Bosie | Aug 23, 2013 5:49:19 PM

13. a lot of bitter folks on this sight, judging by the comments. I came to this article because I'm a fan of her music. Why did the haters come? To... feel better about themselves. haha, but seriously, I took two minutes from my life to enjoy my evening and read a little story about Gaga. Who the hell takes time out of their life to read an article about someone they seem to despise, to be hateful? a hand full of people anyway.

also the remixes are amazing. listening now :)

Posted by: Brian | Aug 23, 2013 8:28:43 PM

14. There's nothing wrong with making a profit, and compromise is a part of life. If she only worked with people or corporations who were in complete political agreement she wouldn't have a voice.

I remember once hearing a story about an up and coming black musician being angry with an older black musician. The younger one felt the elder had "compromised" too much to the white audience in his career (yessa massa sort of thing). The elder felt that his compromise had enabled the younger to be less compromising and still famous, that he had paved the way for more change.

There is a limit to how much change we can make and Gaga is already showing me more than I expected in my lifetime.

I personally like the song. I did find it amusing that the car engineer was a "white guy" when almost certainly very few of the real engineers are white (if any?).

I think it would be fascinating, also, to discuss the nature of irony in both Gaga's work and this commercial. Fame is desirable, ephemeral, grandiose, and fake all at once. I wonder what Andy Warhol would think?

Posted by: Austin | Aug 24, 2013 12:59:24 PM

15. At Richard, do you really think Gaga has any say over the song after writing it? Her record doesn't really care whether or not someone is pro- or anti-lgbt.

Posted by: anonymous | Sep 16, 2013 3:09:24 AM