Music | Video

Rapper Tyga Is No Fan Of "Gay S**t": VIDEO

Tyga

Rapper Tyga, known for the song "Make It Nasty," is currently dealing with two $10 million lawsuits from women who said their nipples were exposed in his music video. When TMZ tried to interview him about the suits, the artist chose to attack the TMZ photographer instead, saying,

"What you got a camera for? That's gay as s**t."

While this could be dismissed as the usual casual homophobia where people use "gay" as a pejorative analogous to "stupid" as opposed to "homosexual" (which is it's own discussion), Tyga followed up with,

"You got a CAMERA on a n**ga ... go in [the club] and get some bitches."

Incidents like this are not terribly surprising given hip hop and rap's established problems with homophobia, which is a bit ironic given how gay some rap lyrics can be.

TMZ's video of the incident can be seen AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. what a waste of skin & bones!

Posted by: Sookie | Aug 8, 2013 10:07:37 PM

2. I was hoping a few decades ago that Rap "Music" was just a vulgar phase that music was going through. Unfortunately like graffiti "art", it seems to be here to stay.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 8, 2013 10:09:26 PM

3. I think it is almost required to be ignorant, low-class and void of talent if you want to be a hip hop star. As much of a pompous ass Kanye is, at least he is talented and somewhat intelligent.

Posted by: tikko | Aug 8, 2013 10:17:57 PM

4. Not a fan, but it really feels like you're reaching for a story here when there's none to be found.

Posted by: Cero | Aug 8, 2013 10:36:23 PM

5. This isn't even close to interesting not to mention important.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 10:55:47 PM

6. Wow...this is such blatant race-baiting for views and comments. So some c rate rapper even most black people have never heard about said something stupid to a TMZ camera-man...and you post it here so middle-aged white gays can have an excuse to rage against black people in general...We all have bills to pay I guess. I will be back to read the comnents later. No doubt they will be filled with racial animus.

Posted by: pedro | Aug 8, 2013 10:56:49 PM

7. Oh, yeah, Pedro. Middle-aged white gays are the WORST!

Posted by: MIke | Aug 8, 2013 11:14:06 PM

8. This is a WEAK story. The title made it sound like he was asked what he thought about gays in general.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 8, 2013 11:15:43 PM

9. Pedro, I don't think the old white guys really care too much about this rapper. It's hard to generate faux rage when you've never heard of the guy. As I see it, he's just another idiot with nothing to lose, trying to show off in front of a camera crew. Guess he's got bills to pay too. I agree with you. This is not even close to being news worthy. Must be a slow day all around.

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Aug 8, 2013 11:17:23 PM

10. PEDRO you're the premo race-baiter. "...can have an excuse to rage against black people..."? Don't male me laugh.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 8, 2013 11:33:56 PM

11. Really, why bother publicizing this?

Posted by: Ken | Aug 8, 2013 11:41:53 PM

12. Seriously, why do we expect any different from these individuals? This is no news.

Posted by: Rafael | Aug 8, 2013 11:44:08 PM

13. Pedro, thank you for saying it. Funny how you get accused of race-baiting for calling out this stupid post for its race-baiting....

Posted by: Yeahyoutoo | Aug 8, 2013 11:50:52 PM

14. @Pedro: "rage against Black people in general". I just don't like Rap music. I think it is vulgar and without merit. You sure do see "racial animus" where none exists, at least in my case. As a much younger man, I remember being called a "N" lover because most of the musicians and singers that I liked were Black. They were talented artists unlike most of the vulgar Rap "musicians" performing today.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2013 12:51:01 AM

15. He'll be in prison some day, or dead.

Posted by: Hagatha | Aug 9, 2013 1:27:27 AM

16. @HAGATHA: Still waiting for your twisted logic to justify your post where you stated that sending food and medicine to Africa causes the loss of more lives than if we just leave them alone!!!

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2013 1:32:45 AM

17. @HAGATHA: check out Africamercy.org. It will give you some info on a Medical Ship that is now visiting West African port cities bringing medicine and health care to many. It is saving lives and improving the quality of the lives of many others. It may help you overcome your silly notions.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2013 1:43:15 AM

18. @TIKKO - First off, you bigoted MORON, there are plenty of Hip Hop stars who readily assist in the fight against homophobia, HIV and AIIDS, so stop generalizing!

Posted by: STOP WITH LABELS | Aug 9, 2013 2:08:35 AM

19. @ANDREW - And I'm sure people were hoping that "HOMOSEXUALITY" was just a phase. It amazes me how quickly people demand to be respected and have equal rights, but will readily deny others theirs. Have you heard every artists in Hip Hop/Rap to make that statement? It's just like the gay men who troll public restrooms looking for sex aren't indicative of ALL GAY MEN!!!

Posted by: STOP WITH LABELS | Aug 9, 2013 2:12:04 AM

20. @Stop...: The Rap "Music" that I hear, and I admit I haven't heard all of it is vulgar, angry, anti-gay and anti-woman . Most of it is bad poetry shouted to a mindless beat. However I would never do anything to deny them their rights to do what they do.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2013 2:21:44 AM

21. Stop Generalizing guys. WTF

Posted by: Rap Beats | Aug 9, 2013 2:35:36 AM

22. Oh man, these comments are exactly what I expected lol I don't get how so many people are so out of touch with the realities of hip hop. Like Andrew, you're either straight up lying about all the rap you've heard meeting those criteria or have listened to almost no hip hop music in your entire lifetime, so why would you even bother denouncing rap either way?

Posted by: JMC | Aug 9, 2013 2:51:09 AM

23. What sort of gay-ass name is Tyga? An anagram for Gay T.

Posted by: Kev C | Aug 9, 2013 2:55:24 AM

24. The sad fact is that many of these homophobic rappers and hip-hop acts are financed by liberals. Just look at the fact that their record labels are owned by Democrats.

Posted by: Brian | Aug 9, 2013 5:27:02 AM