Music | Music Video | News | Richard Simmons | Soap Operas

Richard Simmons Releases 'Hair Do' Single, Crashes Wedding on 'General Hospital': VIDEOS

Simmons

Via dlisted, it's the most flamboyant song about hair since RuPaul's "Back to My Roots".

In addition to making music videos, Simmons is also appearing on General Hospital. This week he crashed a wedding with a glitter gun.

Watch both clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

Seriously, what a career.

Glitter_simmons

Comments

1. A gay Stepin Fetchit...

I liked him, too.

Now he need to learn card reading and astrology and give Walter Mercado a run for his money... And what a marathon THAT would be..

Posted by: steve talbert | Aug 21, 2013 2:25:53 PM

2. Before I offer my opinion I want to make clear that I am not one of those bigots who post here frequently regarding effeminate men. As far as I'm concerned that ilk would hate queers of all types if they didn't share an attraction for the penis.

So, my opinion: Simmons has no spine (balls.)

Posted by: Akrontru | Aug 21, 2013 2:33:59 PM

3. Simmons is worse than a minstrel performer. Like minstrel performers of the 20s and 30s, he degrades himself for money.
    But while minstrel acts mocked Black people, they didn't actively celebrate violence against them.

A big part of Simmons' act is to mince about on a talk show like Letterman and then get abused and put down by the host. He also appeared in a TV ad in which he is seen prancing around the street in women's shorts and then is hunted down and run over by a car. Maybe in a few years, if the money is good enough, he'll act out Matthew Sheperd's murder for laughs.

Posted by: Sepp | Aug 21, 2013 2:34:31 PM

4. WTF?!

Posted by: J. Alan | Aug 21, 2013 2:36:50 PM

5. Oh, Richard. Our not ambiguously gay icon.

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Aug 21, 2013 2:40:24 PM

6. That soap opera clip is BIZARRE! Kind of surreal. Are our grannies toking when they watch those things? It might explain a lot.

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 21, 2013 2:41:08 PM

7. Auto tuned Eunuch.

Posted by: Crixi Van Cheek | Aug 21, 2013 2:46:33 PM

8. As far as I know Richard Simmons has never confirmed or denied being gay. He might have an "Andre Leon Talley" moment and surprise us all. Being effeminate and/or campy does not equate being gay.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 21, 2013 2:56:48 PM

9. oh come on, even though he has never confirmed or denied being gay, I have no doubt he is gay, and like Liberace, I wonder why he doesn't come out......

Posted by: Bernie | Aug 21, 2013 3:17:24 PM

10. Many of you may not recall, but Richard had a recurring role on General Hospital may years ago, i would say sometime between 1979 and 1982, as an aerobic instructor. If memorry serves me, it was in his studio that Luke raped Laura. If only i could remember what i had for lunch....

Posted by: Ted | Aug 21, 2013 3:29:04 PM

11. Yes, Richard does degrade himself for $$$. Sad.

Posted by: Peter | Aug 21, 2013 3:59:14 PM

12. No need to tell the world about Richard, he's been out since the doctor slapped his behind on the day he was born! He makes everyone look butch... and that's not a complaint. He reminds me of the Zero Mostel line in the movie The Producers... If you got it, flaunt it and he's been flaunting it all the way to the bank.

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Aug 21, 2013 4:46:37 PM

13. I remember Richard on General Hospital. And I also remember Rip Taylor. Say, is Rip a gay embarrassment Stepin' Fetchit', too? After all he's old, has always been pretty harmless, and gets laughs.

Posted by: MIke | Aug 21, 2013 8:16:02 PM

14. I wish Paul Lynde wouldn't have died before we could degrade him, too. You know these queens from the 70s and 80s! They were never kool!

Posted by: MIke | Aug 21, 2013 8:17:40 PM

15. LOVE RS. Ever up, ever fun, gets the joke, keeps a look- timeless, classy and a true performer. Yes please. And thanks.

Posted by: pickles | Aug 21, 2013 10:33:13 PM

16. Oi those acting "skills" are awful!

I've seen 3rd graders create more believable characters.

Posted by: bendskier | Aug 22, 2013 1:37:46 AM

17. But the song and music video are AWESOME!

Posted by: bendskier | Aug 22, 2013 1:38:12 AM

18. Hilarious and delightful! We love you Richard!
    Keep on working it, honey!

Posted by: Marc | Aug 22, 2013 3:34:44 AM