Macklemore | Montréal | Music | Tegan and Sara

Tegan and Sara Join Macklemore for 'Same Love' Performance at Osheaga Music Fest: VIDEO

Tegan_sara_macklemore

Lesbian pop duo Tegan and Sara joined Macklemore & Ryan Lewis at the Osheaga Music Festival in Montreal on Saturday for a performance of his equality anthem "Same Love".

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. If I'm not mistaken Tegan and Sarah are sisters and only one of them is a Lesbian but it's still a great song sung by admired artists

Posted by: Rob Graham | Aug 5, 2013 9:44:09 AM

2. Tegan and Sara are twin sisters and both lesbians.

"Same Love" is less radio-friendly than their other singles, content aside. So it seems unnecessarily negative to say it's missing the commercial mark because of its message, when it's pretty miraculously great to hear it being played so widely. And look at the crowd response. (I was in Montréal; sorry I missed it!)

Adam/Jason is, as usual, a moron.

Posted by: Ernie | Aug 5, 2013 10:38:20 AM

3. QJ201, Same Love hasn't cracked the overall top 10 in the Hot 100. It has peaked at 11. It's at 12 now. In the pop section it's 10th as Cadence said, which is it's peak number, not 6th. With that being said, Same Love has only been getting major radio play since around June, so we'll see if these numbers bump up, hopefully they do. The fact that Same Love is getting major radio play is a big deal in itself. So I have no complaints.

Only thing I asked was if the artist who made Same Love wasn't Macklemore, would the song get the same amount of attention. I think it's a pretty fair question to ask. I don't think most artists are brave enough to put themselves out there like Macklemore did with this song.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Aug 5, 2013 12:14:18 PM

4. Francis, If "When I Was Your Man" was released by a new artist, it would not have gotten a lot of airplay either. I think that we can agree that Same Love isn't as radio friendly as the first two songs that Macklemore released, so of course its success has a lot to do with the popularity of the first two singles, and program directors wanting to have more songs from this act. That doesn't have a lot to do with the content of the song, that's just how radio works.

For a song that was released less than 3 months ago, Same Love is doing very well.

Posted by: Cadence | Aug 5, 2013 2:56:38 PM

5. I was also there and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' entire set was incredible, but there are no words for this particular performance. My very tall boyfriend was kind enough to record the whole thing and then I accidentally deleted it, so I was really glad to find it on here, thanks!

Posted by: Kim | Aug 6, 2013 12:54:54 PM

6. Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that a marriage equality "anthem" is even CLOSE to being in the Top Ten?

Because I never would have expected that to happen. But it did.

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 8, 2013 7:07:20 AM