News

BigGayDeal.com

The Best Bar Mitzvah You've Ever Seen: VIDEO

Sam

Young little Sam Horowitz from Dallas, Texas has now set the bar for what constitutes an awesome entrance at your own bar mitzvah.

Watch as Sam shuts it down AFTER THE JUMP...

How many of you are going to go as him for Halloween this year, burlesque dancers in tow?

Comments

1. Think he might grow up to be gay?

Posted by: Marty | Aug 15, 2013 7:30:37 PM

2. that made a statement

Posted by: m | Aug 15, 2013 7:32:45 PM

3. Good for him! Now that world hunger and needy but deserving people are a thing of the past, I can't personally think of a more selfless way to show off money...

Posted by: Joey Y | Aug 15, 2013 7:45:48 PM

4. I'm always amazed at the amount of money poured into some of these parties. How about just 'come of age' and donate the money to charity instead of a big lavish production?

Posted by: Luke | Aug 15, 2013 7:49:41 PM

5. He donated all of his gift money to charity. http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/.premium-1.541831

Posted by: David | Aug 15, 2013 7:52:14 PM

6. Awesome, and good for him. I hope Joey and Luke feel like jackasses now, because they are.

Posted by: Erik | Aug 15, 2013 8:04:17 PM

7. Maybe so, Erik, but spending thousands of dollars in order to donate thousands of dollars in "gifts" is at the very least silly. It easily could be labeled something worse.

Posted by: Dan | Aug 15, 2013 8:24:28 PM

8. obviously the kid comes from a privileged family. the average family can't afford to do this. but it sounds like they are charitable so cut them some slack.

Posted by: m | Aug 15, 2013 8:38:17 PM

9. Definition of a bar mitzvah: The religious initiation ceremony of a Jewish boy who has reached the age of 13 and is regarded as ready to observe religious precepts.

Definition of "make a spectacle of yourself": To do something that makes you look stupid and attracts other people's attention.

As you can see by the above definitions, a bar mitzvah and making a spectacle of yourself are two different things and should never, ever be combined.

Posted by: Hmmm | Aug 15, 2013 8:40:45 PM

10. I never understood expensive bar mitzvahs, confirmations or even lavish, over-the-top weddings. Some punch, a nice cake, maybe some munchies...but.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Aug 15, 2013 8:43:45 PM

11. Who gives a crap whether the family donated money to charity or how much they spent on the bar mitzvah. It's their money and I'm sure the other kids there had a great time.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Aug 15, 2013 8:45:20 PM

12. Why do some guys always have to make coming out such a big production?

Posted by: StudioTodd | Aug 15, 2013 8:46:26 PM

13. OK...so a boy gets a little pubic hair and learns how to babble a few verses in Hebrew, and that's license to objectify women for his own self-aggrandizing interests

it's really time to move beyond the patriarchal Bronze Age, dessert-dwelling BS

Posted by: Sam_Handwich | Aug 15, 2013 8:46:54 PM

14. A swallow does not the summer make! For one like this gesture, there have been hundreds of disgusting splurges and ostentatious displays of ''rubbing it in' '...

Posted by: Iban4yesu | Aug 15, 2013 8:47:54 PM

15. I'm ideologically opposed to spending (likely) hundreds of thousands of dollars on some little putz's (or putzette's) birthday party, whether they're 13, 16, 18, or any other age.

The best I can say about is at least the dancers got some work out of it.

And before you bring up the "charity," show me the balance between the money that went for that "birthday party" and the money that actually went to charity, and which charities it went to.

Posted by: Caliban | Aug 15, 2013 8:48:50 PM

16. Proving once again that jews have a lot of money. lol that's what they know best . . . money, money, money. It is part of their religion. That's why the parents are teaching this fat jewish boy early to spend it and flaunt it . Disgusting if you ask me.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Aug 15, 2013 8:50:02 PM

17. Lets ignore the anti-semite. it comes down to this, the kid had a party, it looks like he had, it looks like he showed off some of his dancing skills. His friends looked like they had fun. Good for them.
    Some families have money and they chose to have a party. Not everything needs to be about Charity and how lavish this kid has it. The kid gets to go through the ritual of being a man in his religion just once, its the culmination of years of study and centuries of tradition. Why would you take that away or complain.

We all have privilige, its what you do with it that matters.

Posted by: thrutch | Aug 15, 2013 9:04:33 PM

18. There's no way the real Little Kiwi posted above. Whomever it was should be banned.

Posted by: Feral | Aug 15, 2013 9:10:31 PM

19. It's a cute and amusing video, and some of these comments over-analyzing the "message behind it" are hilariously asinine. The cherry on the sundae.

Posted by: John | Aug 15, 2013 9:15:54 PM

20. He is having fun and good for him.
    As for the money, spend all you want SAM.
    And for all the haters...SAM throwing a party for thousands of dollars and then giving thousands to charity...well sounds kinda like a white party doesn't it.
    Just saying.

Posted by: Robert | Aug 15, 2013 9:24:20 PM

21. I think the bigger issue may be why this was chosen to be on this website. Is the kid gay? I only clicked because I've never seen a Bar Bitzvah -- so thought if this was the best, I'd look. I don't need to see any more.

Posted by: TimD | Aug 15, 2013 9:40:47 PM

22. Oy Vey Sammy, You are FABULOUS! And for you who think all Jews have money... I'll trade my bank account with you any time!

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Aug 15, 2013 9:54:15 PM

23. A gross use of money.

Posted by: David Groff | Aug 15, 2013 10:11:03 PM

24. That was embarrassing. But at least they pumped some money into the local economy and gave some cash to charity.

And no Jerry, a very good friend of mine is a member of the tribe, and he's an army vet and is a middle aged courier who lives in a modest home in a lower middle class neighborhood. A good neighbor of mine is a plumber and he is also Jewish. I mention this not because he doesn't make good money, he makes d*mn good money, but he's a plumber. Not all Jews are rich, and not all work in high finance, retail, sales, the entertainment industry, nor are they all doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc.,

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 15, 2013 10:14:08 PM

25. That was an excellent use of money. Really, I want to send a letter of thanks to him and his whole family. That was liberating and fun. I would have loved to have the opportunity to do that as a kid. And if I had. I think it would have made my life easier- and what I had to offer the world greater. I salute him, his family, and the culture that allows such events to happen. I wish that I had been raised in a similar fashion.

Posted by: Markt | Aug 15, 2013 10:16:36 PM