News

The Best Bar Mitzvah You've Ever Seen: VIDEO

Sam

Young little Sam Horowitz from Dallas, Texas has now set the bar for what constitutes an awesome entrance at your own bar mitzvah.

Watch as Sam shuts it down AFTER THE JUMP...

How many of you are going to go as him for Halloween this year, burlesque dancers in tow?

Comments

1. Wow, Little Kiwi is a raging anti Semite (and I don't toss that word around lightly)...

Raise your hand if you're surprised!

::crickets::

Posted by: Jack | Aug 16, 2013 12:21:26 PM

2. Great production, and the kid can dance! But really....could it be anymore self-absorbed? His parents are setting him up for a liftetime of disappointments.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 16, 2013 12:23:15 PM

3. @FERAL,

thank you. There's no way Kiwi would make that comment, but I of a few Towleroad "regulars" who would.

My God, back in the 70's I was so naive. I never knew there were Archie Bunker type homosexuals. I know now.

They shouldn't let everybody out of the closet.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 16, 2013 12:45:29 PM

4. @DERRICK:

You mean the same Kiwi who shoots ad hominems at everyone who disagrees with him?

It's funny though, because he is notorious for posting under the names of people who disagree with him and say outrageous things to try to discredit them, so even if he is getting a taste of his own medicine, it is WELL deserved. Act like a child, and you can't complain when someone does it to you...

But I still think he wrote it. He's got a lot of hate buried in there.

Posted by: Jack | Aug 16, 2013 12:51:02 PM

5. That should read "...but I KNOW of a few Towleroad "regulars" who would."

@ Jerry, DHR and Jack,

to put it more politely--what the f.ck makes you think Little Kiwi would write some sh.t like that. Look to the regular bigot "regulars" on this blog if you want to know who wrote it.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 16, 2013 12:51:36 PM

6. @Derrick:

The fact that he insults and attacks anyone who dares disagree with what he things is a super "progressive" POV. He's shown a lot of hate in how he deals with opposing points of view, so I can fully believe that he's a Jew-hater. He hates anyone who doesn't fit in with his view of how people should be, and that much he's made obvious.

Funny, I don't see you defending other people when Kiwi hijacks their usernames and posts hateful and demeaning things... Oh, do you not believe he does that either?

Posted by: Jack | Aug 16, 2013 12:56:31 PM

7. Every time someone accuses Little Kiwi of anti-semitism, Ratbastard grunts maniacally and sticks another finger up his hole.

Posted by: crispy | Aug 16, 2013 12:56:38 PM

8. Gross excess

Posted by: acde | Aug 16, 2013 1:04:57 PM

9. @ "...and say outrageous things to try to discredit them,..."

Jack,

when you read Kiwi's parodies of Rick how soon into the comment do you realize it is not the "real" Rick. Almost immediately, right? The parody is NOT meant to be believed. Kiwi makes outrageous comments meant to ridicule the cruelness of Rick's views--outrageous explanations of how Rick got to be so mean and cruel.

What the Kiwi imposter is doing is putting false words under the posting name of other blog "regulars". And some regular visitors to this blog actually fall for it! LOL that's what gets me--they actually fall for it.

The other day some posters made some very thoughtful comments about how disappointed they were in Bernice King's anti-Gay bigotry. They didn't say anything offensive to Black folks--just how disappointed the were in her. Suddenly, I posted,

"Y'all just hatin' on her 'cause she's black. Y'all racists!"

Well, the "I" wasn't me. Somebody (David Hearne/Rick) used my posting name. I thought it was hilarious because it was so silly. But some poor fools actually thought it was the real "Derrick from Philly"

Honestly, can't you Towleroadies tell some second rate drag performer trying to imitate Bette Davis?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 16, 2013 1:18:33 PM

10. the most wonderful thing about this video is that he was free to do it, and didn't feel any shame. it's wonderful that we're finally getting to a place in our culture where kids can be the kids they are, and want to be.

this moved me. and kudos to his wonderful family for nurturing and shepherding his joyful spirit.

of course the anti-semitic post was not by me. this site has an obsessive coward with no balls who, since he can't tell or show the truth about himself, chooses to lie about others.

oh well. whatever a troll has to do to get through the daily grief of their sh***y lives is their crutch.

trolls are sad. they've got nothing of worth in their own world, so they project their hate onto others.

trust that a video that shows a family loving their happily-flamboyant kid will inspire bitter anger from some of those who never knew that joy.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Aug 16, 2013 1:53:31 PM

11. oh the things you can do when daddy has the money to pay for it.

Posted by: Bellah | Aug 16, 2013 1:57:56 PM

12. When Judaism meets Dallas...

Posted by: BobN | Aug 16, 2013 1:59:11 PM

13. @"Jack" - you can post in my name, and then make up excuses for why. won't make my life worse. won't make your life better.

"opposing viewpoints?" meaning, what? to make your "point" you post, in my name, your views which are different from mine? different meaning: racist, anti-Semitic, transphobic, misogynistic, and full of pathetic internalized homophobia?

yes. lovely, darling :D

how dare I, Kiwi The Intolerant, be so intolerant of the misogyny, transphobia, internalized homophobia, racism and anti-Semitism that this site's pathetic anonymous trolls don't have the balls to post from a place of visibility.

you're clearly a complete idiot, so nuance is lost on you. and it always will be. that's ok. if i had your life i'd be driven insane, too.

but you're right; i have no patience for cowards and bigots. and i love how your cowardly bigoted @ss so so intellectually stunted that you've convinced yourself that not tolerating intolerant bigotry is a "difference of opinion"

*elegant curtsy*

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Aug 16, 2013 2:14:13 PM

14. yes, that did cost a lot of money....and a lot of that money went to the people who were employed to make that happen- event tech, dancers, etc. They didn't just light money on fire and it turn into glitter.

Posted by: Patrick | Aug 16, 2013 2:37:29 PM

15. Listen, they needed to do something to give the guests a rest between the lobster and roast suckling pig courses.

Posted by: Art Weiss | Aug 16, 2013 3:08:37 PM

16. Why has TOWLEROAD allowed their Site to become an arena where Rick, and his aliases, and Little Kiwi, and his aliases, do battle by posting false and often very vulgar comments under each others names? The childish and often hateful postings are undermining the value of this site and making LGBT people look stupid in the process. TOWLEROAD, PLEASE TAKE RESPONSIBLE ACTION TO END THIS NONSENSE!!!

Posted by: andrew | Aug 16, 2013 3:09:49 PM

17. meh. what ever happened to "here's your card, now cut the cake?"

it's obscene wealth.

gauche.

Posted by: Truthiness | Aug 16, 2013 4:09:09 PM

18. Grotesque indeed. And it has nothing to do with this effeminate boy.

Posted by: John | Aug 16, 2013 4:22:40 PM

19. When I was a kid and had my "Confirmation" ceremony, I left School at 3:00 pm, and went to Church to mingle with the other kids until 4:00 pm when the Bishop and the Alter Boys came out to start the ceremony that ended with the Bishop slapping our faces. After which, we all left. When I got home, my Mother asked where I had been because I usually wasn't that late. When I told her, she said "That's nice"; Now wash your hands for Dinner; You Father will be home soon.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Aug 16, 2013 4:51:16 PM

20. When I was a kid and had my "Confirmation" ceremony, I left School at 3:00 pm, and went to Church to mingle with the other kids until 4:00 pm when the Bishop and the Alter Boys came out to start the ceremony that ended with the Bishop slapping our faces. After which, we all left. When I got home, my Mother asked where I had been because I usually wasn't that late. When I told her, she said "That's nice"; Now wash your hands for Dinner; You Father will be home soon.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Aug 16, 2013 4:51:16 PM

21. Money would have been better spent on a little human growth hormone.

Posted by: calpoidog | Aug 16, 2013 6:00:51 PM

22. The bigger issue is why in heaven did he not descend from the inside of the giant lamp shade instead if just standing behind it?

Posted by: Drew | Aug 16, 2013 6:37:27 PM

23. Come on guys,

This child (you are still at child as 13) can’t be gay, he has absolutely no rhythm! Supporting a cause is one think but why does one have to sit through this total lack of talent

Posted by: EJC | Aug 16, 2013 7:09:26 PM

24. The problem isn't how much money they spent--that's their business. It's that the family is sending the message to their son and to all the kids in the audience (and Today show viewers, etc.) that this is what it means to come of age in their religion. Their son wanted attention, and they wanted attention, and only a narcissist would see this and think "good for him."

Posted by: Daniel | Aug 18, 2013 11:25:59 PM

25. there is the Bar Mitzvah - and there is the party after. Back in 1983 my best friend had his Bar Mitzvah... there was a solemn ceremony where he had do his readings. There was also a fun party after. Although there were no dance numbers, there was a speech with jokes.

It was Sam's day and that was OBVIOUSLY what he wanted. He rocked it. Go Sam.

Posted by: fanboi | Aug 19, 2013 5:11:47 AM