Comments

1. Andrew says

I am over these type of posts and responses from supporters of the lgbt community. “A huge compliment” ? Huh? I love that he supports the community – but if people assumed I were straight and I was approached about it- My response would not be – its a huge compliment . . . .I huge compliment is the response to ” the gay community thinks you are hot as hell”

2. MaryM says

Why should he think that people regarding him a closet case is a compliment?

Being a closet case is an appalling thing to be.

Jake Gyllenhaal has dated professional beard Taylor Swift.

Just saying.

3. mogrill says

One assumes he means he took it as a compliment on his acting ability in Brokeback Mountain. Since we can’t see the quote in context, it’s silly to get your panties in a twist about it. (Yes, that pun was intended.)

4. Claude says

I’m quite sure the gay rumours were there before Brokeback. If that movie is responsible for the rumours, why didn’t the follow Heath Ledger? He sets off my Gaydar and I can’t remember him having sexual chemistry with an actress, just like I can’t remember Jodie Foster having sexual chemistry with an actor.

5. William says

@Mogrill: I would agree with you. The writing does specify the rumors circulating after Brokeback. The story line and script excellent and the acting believable. That the movie and acting would inspire… ahem… questions would be a compliment.

6. NotSafeForWork says

Considering these “blind items” that are the source of many of these a rumors usually turn out true, like Wentworth Miller and others, for example, the lady doth protest too much, methinks. Toothy-tile, come out, come out, wherever you are.

7. will says

I hate this frickin’ website. Queens flock on to tell everybody that each and every cute heterosexual actor (or athlete) is in fact a CLOSET CASE. And we (apparently) are so needy and insecure we need to hear about each and every thing a staight actor says that reflects positively on us. We need to be stroked, like poor mental cases.

8. Rowan says

Will, I agree with your last part but use your brains-comments re this closet case were based BEFORE Brokeback as is said here.

I can see what you mean but it’s not the case with people where the rumors have been going on for at least a decade.

Anyway, I loathe Jakey G now, so don’t care.

9. Rowan says

You know what guys? I’m smelling a tedious and predictable trend here-first Franco, then Cowell, now Jakey……how about we start counting how many famous closet cases are gonna use the ‘I wish I was gay’ line??

Wentworth being forgiven for lying about being gay has opened a can of worms! They’ll all wait until they are 40 now, so far now, this pr BS is what we will get!

10. AntiTrolls says

And then we wonder why straight men don’t want to come out as an Ally; why would you? I wouldn’t want to deal with the snarky trolls on the right wing sites who are going to call me gay or the trolls on the gay sites that are going to call me gay.

11. Countervail says

This would be a surprise to a friend who has since passed that Jake slept with. My friend was required to sign a confidentiality agreement first but I see no reason to honor that since he’s gone. I hope this new movie with Jackman burns in flames for all the recent press. I mean really, don’t they both have enough money to never work again and be able to live really well for the rest of their lives?

12. jarago says

Mr Gyllenhaal is a handsome talented actor- a movie star I never get tired of watching except in the boring “Prince of Persia”. He can convincingly pull of the straight leading man roles- what ever he does in his private bedroom is his business.

13. Joe says

here’s my quick jake story: 5 or 6 years ago i was walking in the west village with a friend when i got checked out by a guy who was with another guy. you just know when you get checked out, right? three seconds after they walked by us, it dawned on me it was jake gyllenhaal. that’s all i’m adding.

and that’s the truth, ruth.