Gay Marriage | John Barrowman | News

BigGayDeal.com

John Barrowman Gives Fantastic Speech About His Marriage at Dragon-Con Panel: VIDEO

Barrowman

Towleroad reader Scott Alvarez sent in this video he shot at last weekend's Dragon*Con (the sci-fi, fantasy, comic book convention) in Atlanta. Actor John Barrowman held a panel on Friday at which he was asked about what it was like to finally be married to his husband Scott Gill.

Barrowman's answer, as usual, was both hilarious and inspired.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The fact that this happened in Atlanta is great.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Sep 5, 2013 12:18:49 PM

2. Why like dat now?.change 4 good cus dis is bad.i hate it God hates it.

Posted by: Abel Snowbil | Sep 5, 2013 12:18:59 PM

3. Why like dat now?.change 4 good cus dis is bad.i hate it God hates it.

Posted by: Abel Snowbil | Sep 5, 2013 12:19:35 PM

4. Your god doesn't exist, Abel. And I wipe my ass with your holy book.

Posted by: plinx | Sep 5, 2013 12:25:58 PM

5. I saw JB at Comic Con this summer at a similar panel, which was really just a Q&A with him and the audience. He was so funny and warm and engaging. It was one of my favorite moments of the summer.

Posted by: Jon Flores | Sep 5, 2013 12:27:03 PM

6. John never fails to entertain.

Posted by: bollox | Sep 5, 2013 12:32:04 PM

7. watching made me realized how much i miss Captain Jack Harkness and the torchwood team

crossing fingers on what Davies said about it "the show would enter indefinite hiatus" and the hiatus ending

Posted by: Moz's | Sep 5, 2013 12:54:14 PM

8. His husband is a lucky guy!

Posted by: Luke | Sep 5, 2013 12:58:58 PM

9. Talented, well spoken, clever, engaging, handsome, and gay.
    Not bad Mr. Barrowman, not bad.
    Thanks for being outspoken on this aspect of your private life.

Posted by: norseman | Sep 5, 2013 1:39:20 PM

10. I've heard him tell about his first date with Scott and Cher was on the date too.

Posted by: Wyatt | Sep 5, 2013 2:25:21 PM

11. To Abel: Nasty sky-fairy doesn't exist. Get it?

Posted by: Geoff | Sep 5, 2013 2:32:15 PM

12. John Barrowman IS the man!! Combining the humor with the reality and making people think... Love, Love, Love

Posted by: Robert Martin | Sep 5, 2013 2:49:16 PM

13. I love John Barrowman and his character of Jack Harkness, but I don't understand why he has to talk in a lisp and get "femmy" at points when he is saying he is gay. I wonder if people would applaud if it was an anti-gay person who would throw in effeminate mannerisms.

Posted by: Mark | Sep 5, 2013 2:55:46 PM

14. Like his point about when they considered themselves mnarried (signing the first mortgage). Same with me and my partner, way back in 1992. And our way-cool banker at the time actually wrote in "spouse" beside each of our names.

Posted by: Jeff | Sep 5, 2013 4:03:29 PM

15. When we (really the husband) refinanced, our banker talked about my dower rights in a non-equality state.

Posted by: Gus | Sep 5, 2013 4:51:36 PM

16. Great singer, actor and all around talent. I saw in LaCage aux Folles in London as ZAZA. inspired!

Posted by: Kevin thor | Sep 5, 2013 6:07:52 PM

17. So he's the wife on Friday night, and his husband's the wife on Saturday night. What ever it takes. Life is a "mortgage" isn't it?

Posted by: Ben | Sep 6, 2013 5:29:40 PM