Kings of Leon | News | Robyn

Kings of Leon Cover Robyn's 'Dancing on My Own': VIDEO

Kingsofleon

A new take on an old favorite.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I like it - especially since the pronouns weren't changed.

Posted by: John | Sep 11, 2013 7:00:43 PM

2. Reminded me of my grad school roommate - his girlfriend came out as a lesbian and it devastated him.

Posted by: Chris | Sep 11, 2013 7:39:07 PM

3. I love this song and I can't stop playing this insanely good version. Fingers crossed they release this as a single.

Posted by: PepeSF | Sep 11, 2013 7:57:36 PM

4. Terrific cover....

Posted by: AaronTx | Sep 11, 2013 9:03:35 PM

5. Oh hells yes. Love this, love KOL and love Robyn.

Posted by: bozemanmontana | Sep 11, 2013 9:22:11 PM

6. A super song and a good rendition though Robyn's rendition on David Letterman a couple of years ago was the best, even better than her video of same.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 11, 2013 9:28:15 PM

7. You can actually download the MP3 here: http://mp3squid.com/mp3/kings_of_leon_robyn_dancing_on_my_own.html

Posted by: SlackboyNNJ | Sep 11, 2013 10:29:11 PM

8. not bad for a bunch of alleged homophobes.

Posted by: KEVolution! | Sep 11, 2013 11:21:17 PM

9. HEAVENLY! Brilliant rendition.

Posted by: Marc | Sep 12, 2013 5:01:13 AM

10. Whoever did the sound was terrible. All I could hear was the guitar held by the guy in the left of the singer. The singer needed his mic level raised, also...

Posted by: MikeKV | Sep 12, 2013 10:03:35 AM

11. Correction -- the guitar I hear (over everything else) is at the singer's right... ;)

Posted by: MikeKV | Sep 12, 2013 10:04:29 AM

12. I love it! Really good.

Posted by: Donny | Sep 12, 2013 12:08:53 PM

13. I love it! Really good.

Posted by: Donny | Sep 12, 2013 12:08:53 PM

14. @KEVOLUTION!- Just out of curiosity, on what information do you base your opinion that they're all "a bunch of alleged homophobes"? Because the only thing I can find is a story about a slightly homophobic tweet from two years ago that the drummer made in response to Ryan Murphy being butt hurt that KoL would not allow Glee to cover one of their songs. (a tweet which he later apologized for, btw)

If this is the basis of your calling the entire band homophobes, it's pretty weak sauce. Not only are you putting one person's hurtful off-hand comment on an entire band, but you're also dredging up something that happened TWO YEAR AGO. It's time to let it go. Seriously.

Posted by: Griff | Sep 12, 2013 2:47:38 PM

15. Have all you superficial airhead gays forgotten about Kings Of Leon's homophobic comments just a couple of years ago ? Oh yes it seems you have. No wonder we have so few legal rights in this country when the gays are so dumb.

Posted by: Icebloo | Sep 12, 2013 6:32:07 PM

16. I'd rather be considered a superficial airhead by you than a vindictive prick who condemns an entire band for one comment made by one member TWO YEARS AGO (which, again, he almost immediately apologized for.)

Seriously, holding onto so much anger can't be healthy. Let it go.

Posted by: GRIFF | Sep 12, 2013 7:26:23 PM

17. Life is full of wonderful surprises. Like the other day when I lay
    in bed, half asleep, when from the living room I overheard a Belgium
    radiohost mentioning this cover. Instantly wide awake my first thought was: "oh wow wow wow, a song I love, covered by a band I love, that's just GOT to be sweet".
    And it is. Grateful. x