Gilles Marini | News

Actor Gilles Marini: 'It's Very Uncool to be in the Closet Nowadays' - VIDEO

Marini

Via Boy Culture comes this backstage video from Bethenny Frankel's talkshow.

Actor Gilles Marini is asked if he would ever lie to help a famous gay friend stay closeted.

Says Marini:

"We're in 2013. I think it's very uncool to be in the closet nowadays. I never was a witness in any wedding in my life, and the first time I was a witness in a wedding in my life was for my dear friends Philippe and David--same-sex couple--and I think it was fantastic. Don't stay in the closet. You'll only hurt your heart and, down the line, probably your family. They need to know the truth about what you like and what you want in life."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Especially if you're a grown adult. In North America. And yes, in 2013.

Whatever reason/excuse you may continue to tell yourself to justify it, think about the previous decades and how if everyone who came before you gave the same excuses you continue to give, there'd be no Out people, no communities, no progress, nothing.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Sep 13, 2013 2:13:02 PM

2. I've never heard of actor Gilles Marini before. However I do agree with his advice about not staying in the closet - and he needs to share his gospel with the likes of Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Bradley Cooper, etc. There is standing room only in the Hollywood Closet, and most people already know about these people anyway. What an unhealthy game they're playing!

Posted by: David From Canada | Sep 13, 2013 9:10:31 PM

3. I ♥♥♥ Gilles! And this makes him even more delicious!

Posted by: KEVolution! | Sep 13, 2013 11:38:37 PM

4. What about Gay's in russia? Do U think they should come out too. What about uganda, haiti, Jamaica, etc., and at what age? People who want this for what? We are a long way from liberation. Do U know what it is like to live in nut religion, even in this country who think Gay's are sick. Just be careful first is all I say.

Posted by: terryp | Sep 14, 2013 5:44:25 PM

5. @DavidInCanada: Gilles Marini played Samantha's delicious neighbor Dante in Sex and The City, who mesmerized her as he showered outdoors:

Posted by: GregV | Sep 14, 2013 7:06:35 PM

6. Shortsighted thoughts from Gilles. A straight man thinking all gay people should come out; easy for him to say. It's 2013!!! Yay, gay people in countries like Russia are openly celebrating, I'm sure. Get real, Gilles.

Posted by: Curlee | Sep 15, 2013 12:55:20 AM