‘Glee’ Creator Ryan Murphy Rethinking the Show’s Ending, Which Will Happen Next Year

MurphyGlee will end after its next (sixth) season, creator Ryan Murphy told a crowd at the Paley Center last night, Variety reports:

“The final year of the show, which will be next year, was designed around Rachel and Cory/Finn’s story. I always knew that, I always knew how it would end. I knew what the last shot was, he was in it. I knew what the last line was, she said it to him. So when a tragedy like that happens you sort of have to pause and figure out what you want to do, so we’re figuring that out now.”

Comments

1. Terry says

A show about 30 yr old high school students? Like most who watch, these students must have repeated every grade. Dead air is more appealing.

2. Hey Darlin' says

So many of Rachel’s scenes now concerning Finn hit close to home for Lea/Cory I’m sure. It should be up to Lea which direction she would like to perform in.

3. Dback says

Have Rachel’s opening night in “Funny Girl” singing “His Is The Music That Makes Me Dance” & intercut it with flashbacks of Finn, especially his bit about buying a star and naming it Finn because there’s already a star named Rachel. Have all the Glee Club kids in the audience. End of show.

4. Adios says

It’s sad that this queen thinks he’s Aaron Spelling, but he’s not. I
    believe Candy and Aaron had two children and lived in a bigger house.
    There’s got to be more to the Finn story with all the public references. I’ll always associate “Glee” with the Obama years. But associate with what I have no idea.

5. steve talbert says

They should do the final season with Finn coming back as a bumbling guardian angel. They can reuse old footage and CGI him into the dialog with the other characters. Some people see him, others don’t. He stalks Sue, is mischievous with Blaine and Kurt on sleepovers where they think the other one is doing something, scares the school bullies….. hilariousness ensues.

6. Hot Dumb Italian Mike says

“Bumbling guardian angel!!!? Dont say that, you’ll give the execs over at NBC another relationship young friends/girl in the city sitcom!

7. Hot Dumb Italian Mike says

8. Tristram says

I don’t think this show is aimed at the demographic of this blog. That being said, good idea ANON: Would love a Carrie-style ending!

9. Tom says

I think Glee and particularly the Kurt/Blaine relationship have contributed significantly to the acceptance by society as a whole of the idea of equality for gay people.