Halloween Losers of the Year: PHOTO

Trayvon

The Florida threesome who thought it "f–king hilarious" to dress up like Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman and post their photo to Facebook.

The Smoking Gun, which also has their rap sheet:

The image of the duo was uploaded Friday to the Facebook page of Caitlin Cimeno, a Martha’s Vineyard native who captioned the photo “Happy Halloween from Zimmerman & trayvon.” Cimeno, flanked in the photo by the two men, followed those words with a smiley face emoticon.

Greg Cimeno, 22, portrayed Zimmerman, complete with a “Neighborhood Watch” t-shirt. Cimeno lives in Cape Coral, Florida, where he appears to work for a carpentry firm.

William Filene, 25, dressed up as Martin, covering his face in black paint and donning a gray sweatshirt with a single bullet hole surrounded by fake blood. Filene, who also lives in Cape Coral, was arrested in June for felony auto theft. His rap sheet also included collars for loitering/prowling and failing to register an automobile.

Comments

1. Mike says

This is bloody disgusting! It was bad enough that Trayvon Martin was legally killed by George Zimmerman under Florida state law. This is an affront to decent people everywhere . . .

2. Rad says

What would be f–ing hilarious is to give them each plastic assault rifles and tell them to go out after dark and point them at cops.

I am so glad that Floriduh continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel of society.

3. Strepsi says

RE: ” Filene, who also lives in Cape Coral, was arrested in June for felony auto theft. His rap sheet also included collars for loitering/prowling and failing to register an automobile.” Gosh, lucky he’s white, or he’d be dead.

@JOEY Y: if by “queens” you mean people who care about other people, then I hope so.

4. JWL says

My partner and I went to a party two years ago at a wealthy conservative doctor’s house who lives in our neighborhood. He and his plastic wife had two bartenders in blackface dressed as rastafarians. We were pretty shocked that either A: they dont have any black friends or friends with black friends. B: didn’t see it as offensive. Anyway, we stayed five minutes and left and have managed to busy for every other invite theyve sent.

5. Gigi says

@JOEY Y — I’d rather be a queen who is “up in arms” than a skeezy little internet troll. Nice of you to take a minute or two away from your glory hole at your local Denny’s to pop by Towleroad and leave a comment. Do they have wi-fi there now?

6. Mike says

It is NOT funny CHUCK. IT IS SICK! Have feeling that you would have laughed at a lynching not that many years ago. And yes I am white if that is at all relevant here which it is not.

7. crispy says

“it’s just a funny Halloween costume.”

Actually, it’s not. Casting aside the offensiveness for a sec, it’s not even that clever or well done. Trayvon’s hoodie was dark colored. The blackface stops at the neck… he should have shoplifted another jar of shoe polish. And they couldn’t be bothered to find a toy gun? It’s just lazy all around.

But what you do expect from white trash felons.

8. Keppler says

If the point of this was to clarify that there are assholes in the world, we knew that. Didn’t need to publicize this trio of losers to make the point. (Honest to god, Andy, isn’t there ANYTHING more important to post than this?)

9. says

Really shocked to see people wanting us to take this a joke or humor. Amazing how we have to change our thoughts while others can promote bigotry and hate. This isn’t even funny. You would expect gay people to relate but I guess not. Sick!

10. oncemorewithfeeling says

I’m very disappointed that the first troll didn’t appear until the third comment. Stop slacking!

This was made up for by another Trollroad comment section being not about the article, but instead all about the trolls. Good work!

Glad to do my part to help.

11. Rowan says

Crispy, exactly. It’s not even smart. As a black person growing up surrounded 99% by white people, this always used to just baffle me. It was like ‘you can’t take a joke!’ And I’m like ‘no, you’re not even funny!’ But then when I would make a funny joke about them being white…they wouldn’t laugh. Interesting huh?

I’m an equal op offender. Make it equal. Otherwise you sound like just a boring bitter racists tool. BORING.

12. MickyFlip says

Yeah, I’d say that’s pretty messed up. But finding out the idea for it came from Florida. Sadly, doesn’t surprise me. And I should know. I have family I visit in Florida.

13. hypocrisy says

To the people that find this funny: hey how about I dress up as Matthew Shepard for Halloween and have my friends pretend to be homophobes who are beating me up? Sounds funny, right? Oh what’s that, you’re offended? Oh you’re just too sensitive, learn to take a joke.

14. says

There is no disputing that blackface was and is an embodiment of racism, but this is pure tastelessness and insensitivity. Blackface has a long complicated history. Hard to believe but well into the mid 20th century blackface was a popular form of entertainment. It was not uncommon well into the 1950s for high school, fraternities and local theatre groups would perform in blackface. The real Mad men of Madison Ave. had no compunction utilizing blackface in their advertising. Take a look http://wp.me/p2qifI-1LM