Joe Jonas | News | Nick Jonas

Jonas Brothers Tell OUT: 'People Assume' We're Gay 'But We Don't Take Offense' — VIDEO

Brothers_jonas

The OUT magazine photo shoot that Nick Jonas previewed a few weeks ago has surfaced online, along with a Q&A with the trio in which they address the gay rumors, which OUT calls "pesky".

Joe: We have a lot of gay friends and gay fans. It’s a boy band stereotype; people assume, but we don’t take offense.

Nick: Prior to us being a band, I was a super theater geek. I loved theater and I still do, and I care about fashion, and I care about a lot of things that I feel like stereotypes are attached to.

Joe: [Being in Out] is a moment for us for sure. We keep saying, “Well, it’s about time.”

Also discussed: twerking, growing up, solo projects, and their first single since 2009.

Watch a behind-the-scenes video of the shoot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Nick_jonas

Comments

1. You mean they're NOT?

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Oct 1, 2013 12:06:14 PM

2. 'We have a lot of gay friends...'. Yeah, yeah, we get the picture. You don't want to be thought of as gay but you love the attention. Ok, next.

Posted by: adrenan p | Oct 1, 2013 12:19:51 PM

3. He's cute. They all are.

Bitchy queens will be bitchy queens.

Posted by: Duke | Oct 1, 2013 12:27:47 PM

4. I just assume they can't see because they're only able to squint.

Posted by: Skeptical Cicada | Oct 1, 2013 12:33:52 PM

5. This is exactly why I gave the caller an earful when contacted about renewing my subscriptions to OUT and the Advocate.

The Advocate as a new source should just be renamed...here's what you missed last week or last month. They don't even update the website daily.

Both mags and their websites have become irrelevant thanks to what HERE! media has done to them.

Posted by: QJ201 | Oct 1, 2013 12:38:16 PM

6. How terrible that young men that are adored by millions of impressionable young girls are OK about being perceived as gay and don't fight it or lash back at it. We must throw all our collective gay shade at them because they are attractive and part of popular culture. I mean the very IDEA that we could be appreciate and supportive of them...*shudder*

Posted by: DMP | Oct 1, 2013 12:40:23 PM

7. um, appreciative, not appreciate.

Posted by: DMP | Oct 1, 2013 12:41:53 PM

8. Rumors? You mean how the oldest one couldn't be more obviously gay or how the other has been spotted all over West Hollywood with his boyfriend?

I don't give a rat's ass if you're gay but don't have 2 closeted men on your cover and then treat the issue with gloves on.

Posted by: Michael | Oct 1, 2013 1:05:24 PM

9. If they are not gay, what good are they?

Posted by: GH | Oct 1, 2013 1:07:23 PM

10. They're hot and seem cool. Leave them alone. Jesus.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 1, 2013 1:32:55 PM

11. Gay people unaccepting of str8 boys who gladly accept them. Go figure.

Posted by: chuckles | Oct 1, 2013 1:35:20 PM

12. @QJ201. I'm surprised they even have people calling. I haven't subscribed to Out (or "Out," given that it comes masked in a plastic wrapper) for over a decade, yet it somehow keeps turning up anyway. I think they've (quite wrongly) assumed I'm part of some demographic they want their ads to reach, which is both strange and funny.

Posted by: Will | Oct 1, 2013 1:56:43 PM

13. People assume and we just have 3way sex

Posted by: litper | Oct 1, 2013 2:16:06 PM

14. "I don't know any gay man...of any age, teen, 20's, 30's, 40's, etc., etc., that cares anything about the Jonas Brothers."

I think you might be forgetting about Andy Towle!

Posted by: crispy | Oct 1, 2013 2:21:32 PM

15. I think Out magazine and the JoBro's are a very good fit.

Posted by: hugo | Oct 1, 2013 2:37:41 PM

16. What is there to be offended about in 2013?

Posted by: BZ | Oct 1, 2013 2:38:02 PM

17. They aren't gay so why do I care? I don't. Cute - maybe. A good boy band? Not on your life. No love here for the Jonas brothers.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Oct 1, 2013 2:53:42 PM

18. Kevin sounds gay, Joe looks gay and Nick well who knows- they are pretty boys- which I imagine is the main reason they are on the Out cover.

Posted by: jarago | Oct 1, 2013 5:24:21 PM

19. The cute one with all the big muscles has been renti9ng an apartment in my apartment building in Chelsea (named the Chelsea Mercantile) for what seems like forever.

Apparently he is a horrible tenant really loud with late night parties.

The one with all the muscles seems totally straight. But I've seen the eldest one who is married visiting him there and he seems very gay to me. He is very effeminate (sorry about making that stereotype).

Is it possible that the only one who is MARRIED is the GAY one?

I guess the bigger issue is why is Out Magazine covering a dated boy band anyway??

Is it possibl

Posted by: American Dreamer | Oct 1, 2013 8:33:20 PM

20. I think Joe Jonas' solo album was better than anything that came out that year (2011?) He and the other brothers are quite talented. They can sing live (well), play instruments and write/produce their own material. Not typical boy band types at all.

Posted by: jonvincent | Oct 1, 2013 9:51:11 PM

21. Somebody up there is a big supporter of the second amendment.

Posted by: Jerry | Oct 1, 2013 9:54:45 PM