Film | Toronto

BigGayDeal.com

Several Lives Intersect in Toronto in the Short Film 'Cold': VIDEO

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 2.56.13 PM

Toronto-based filmmaker Waseem Shaikh has released his latest work, the award-winning short film Cold, online for free. The film "is about one night in Toronto where several lives intersect—each of them oblivious to the loneliness that connects them all," said Shaikh. He also said the film speaks to "the feeling of isolation one often deals with in gay circles."

Towleroad previously linked to another work by Shaikh last year for an AIDS prevention campaign by the Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention.

Watch the entire film AFTER THE JUMP...

Screen Shot 2013-10-07 at 2.58.48 PM

Trailer:

Entire film:

Comments

1. Wow! A lovely, touching work.....

Posted by: kdknyc | Oct 7, 2013 8:44:40 PM

2. that was a tender little movie.

Posted by: woody | Oct 7, 2013 8:47:50 PM

3. There is an App for loneliness now. It will keep you glued to your Satan's Sex Toy mobile device. You won't have to look at anyone as you put in your ear thimbles (Ray Bradbury used that term for them).

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Oct 7, 2013 9:02:59 PM

4. That was great. Canadians get it.

Posted by: jonvincent | Oct 7, 2013 9:45:48 PM

5. Great! Beautiful and well done!

Posted by: gino | Oct 7, 2013 11:15:50 PM

6. Broke my heart. But so true. The world needs to see this film!

Posted by: Rahul | Oct 7, 2013 11:43:21 PM

7. Very tender and honest. I appreciated that at no time did the film-makers feel the need to go to any extreme. Made it that more moving.

Posted by: Dave b | Oct 8, 2013 12:33:15 AM

8. Try addressing strangers in a simple nice way. I do it all the time, especially when I travel. With mere . Yfriendly intent you rarely experience anything negative. I just addressed a young woman in a cafe and we ended up talking for an hour and she said things I will never forget. Yet I will never see her again most likely. Another couple who were working outside on a beautiful home invited me in to view their castle after I cheerfully admired their handiwork.
    Both of these in two days. Actually it works almost every time. Remaining isolated is a personal choice, or resignation, if you don't reach out yourself first.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 8, 2013 5:30:15 AM

9. Nice. Good job to the director, and worth watching.

Posted by: ratbastard | Oct 8, 2013 9:06:37 AM

10. Wow. Like "Crash" but with human beings talking to each other instead of stereotypes hurling insults and yelling. (Is that Canada vs. the US that explains the different tone?)

Posted by: Dback | Oct 8, 2013 4:08:06 PM