News: Banksy, Owl City, Jake Gyllenhaal, Baldness, Cee Lo Green

RoadBehind Christie's decision to abandon the battle against marriage equality... Could it cut both ways in 2016? Chris Geidner thinks it was all about 2016. Signorile speculates...

SphinxRoadBanksy built a replica of the Great Sphinx of Giza in Queens.

RoadRyan Reynolds got shirtless on a plane after someone vomited on him.

RoadBan on sales of poppers forces closure of Canada's largest gay store chain, Priape: “For us that represented a huge amount of sales and profit, so that’s what triggered it all,” Leblanc says. “It’s not so much percentage of sales, but the gross profit it brought in, and proportionately it was very significant.”

RoadOwl City designed many of the new sounds in Apple's iOS 7.

RoadScientists create a disk that can store data for a million years.

RoadJake Gyllenhaal: gaunt.

RoadHarry Reid and Obama made up before the shutdown stand-off, and that made all the difference: "Each more mindful of the other's strategic vision, Reid and Obama made a mutual commitment to legislative stubbornness. A week after the meeting, Reid threatened to gut the filibuster if Republicans didn't let through a slate of executive nominees. Republicans caved. Looking forward, the two vowed to steadfastly oppose any effort to tinker with the president's health care law as part of a continuing resolution to keep the government running. And when it came time to raise the debt ceiling weeks later, they would refuse to negotiate altogether."

RoadAndy Cohen walks his dog, digs for gold.

RoadDonna Summer and Giorgio Moroder's previously unreleased "La Dolce Vita".

MurrayRoadVictory Fund announces its 2013 '10 races to watch'. Victory has endorsed a total of 85 out candidates for 2013, an all-time high for an odd numbered year. “2013 isn’t an off year. It’s definitely on at the Victory Fund.” said Lucinda Guinn, Victory’s political director. “We’re working hard this year to help build up local heroes in places where equality is late in arriving. Places where these candidates can be the spark to help their own communities move toward equality.”

RoadWhy can Neil Patrick Harris say that's "too gay" and straight people can't? "Words like “Mary,” “girl” and even that commonly used B-word are sometimes used as terms of endearment among gay men, notably those of our generation. Even so, it does matter whether you’re gay or not — a straight man who calls a gay one “Mary” is on thin ice."

RoadWest Virginia clerk seeks delay in marriage equality lawsuit: "Kanawha County Clerk Vera McCormick filed a motion in U.S. District Court in Charleston, asking the deadline for her response be extended past Wednesday. The New York-based gay rights group Lambda Legal sued earlier this month, declaring West Virginia's Defense of Marriage Act a violation of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution."

RoadBetty White is the latest to spoof Miley Cyrus's "Wrecking Ball" video.

RoadGlenn Beck on Obama: "He has all of the earmarks of a Marxist dictator."

DieselRoadVin Diesel is celebrating his fitness.

RoadCee Lo Green charged with giving a woman ecstasy: "The Los Angeles County District Attorney's office charged the singer, whose real name is Thomas DeCarlo Callaway, on Monday. Callaway was charged with one felony count of furnishing a controlled substance. If convicted he faces four years in state prison."

RoadTipton, Iowa teen to receive Matthew Shepard Foundation award.

RoadThe coming solution to baldness? "Researchers at Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) have devised a hair restoration method that can generate new human hair growth, rather than simply redistribute hair from one part of the scalp to another. The approach could significantly expand the use of hair transplantation to women with hair loss, who tend to have insufficient donor hair, as well as to men in early stages of baldness."

Comments

1. Just when you thought Andy Cohen couldn't get any more gross.

Posted by: PDX_Guy | Oct 22, 2013 4:00:49 PM

2. 1) Awesome banksy.
    2) NOT THIS AGAIN, First, straight people can absolutely say "too gay" or "mary", do it with any amount of flair and there you go. Life is in no way fair and if you think for one second it should be, then you are part of the problem and should fix yourself before trying to fix others.

Posted by: Fenrox | Oct 22, 2013 4:16:55 PM

3. I never even heard the term 'Mary' honestly people are just too sensitive nowadays.

Posted by: Jamie | Oct 22, 2013 4:27:43 PM

4. Jamie, are you like 3 years old? Or really super-protected?

Vin Diesel i will never understand. But goes to show that anybody can make it in America.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Oct 22, 2013 4:37:32 PM

5. I am sure the gay community in Canada is pissed they now have to smoke weed instead of take poppers to bottom now.

Posted by: Sam | Oct 22, 2013 4:41:34 PM

6. @ "But goes to show that anybody can make it in America."

Except me, Tinkerbelle. There's been a life long conspiracy by the atheists to hold me back. And I only go to church for funerals.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 22, 2013 4:51:05 PM

7. You can see Jake, the recipient of the Matthew Shepard Award, at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxsVzA_r5Og

Posted by: Robert | Oct 22, 2013 5:07:39 PM

8. Ummm.... Why can black people say the "N" word and white people can't? Same concept for straight people using "too gay" and "Mary" etc.

Posted by: anon | Oct 22, 2013 5:29:24 PM

9. "Owl City designed many of the new sounds in Apple's iOS 7."

So that's why my iPhone sounds like the Postal Service.

Posted by: crispy | Oct 22, 2013 6:18:40 PM

10. Someone needs to tell Little Kiwi about that baldness cure!

Posted by: Derrick In Philly | Oct 22, 2013 6:27:47 PM

11. Glenn Back has all the "earmarks" of a fascist propaganda minister --most notably, the endless repeating of lies.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Oct 22, 2013 6:45:04 PM

12. I don't feel comfortable knowing that Glenn Beck shares my initials AND my attraction to the President's ears. Confusing the word "earmarks" for hallmarks" was obviously was a Freudian slip on his part.

And yes,Danny, the failed comic Beck would prefer a Fascist to a Marxist any day. Fascists have a history of wearing cooler uniforms.

Posted by: gregory brown | Oct 22, 2013 7:00:50 PM

13. Hmm, I've heard gay gays refer to other gay guys as "girl" or "Mary" in my day, but have never heard a word of, nor even knew about the existence of the Polari slang language. Was that even a thing in America?

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 22, 2013 7:24:13 PM

14. Polari wasn't really big in America. Mostly a British thing. American gays have different code words. I had a gay and straight guy over a couple weeks ago and it was amazing how much the gay guy (who I'd never met before) and I communicated right in front of the straight guy. When I told the straight guy later, he didn't believe me, then got angry. Minorities have always done this.

My gaydar is terrible, but he said two things in the first few minutes that I knew even the gay-friendliest straight guy wouldn't know or pick up on, and after that we just played it as a game.

Posted by: Paul R | Oct 22, 2013 7:44:26 PM

15. Whew, thanks Paul R. I'd hate to think I was that clueless as to have missed Polari right in front of my ears here in the States.

Posted by: Zlick | Oct 22, 2013 8:28:22 PM

16. I can't stand when gay men refer to each other in feminine pronouns and such. Being gay doesn't make you female.

Posted by: Knock | Oct 22, 2013 9:46:30 PM

17. @ "Someone needs to tell Little Kiwi about that baldness cure!"

Nope, not me. Nice try, Rick.

Rick, you and I are both 55 years old. Shall we talk about our hair follicle challenges.

You're funnier when you insult me as David Hagatha Hearne. That old cow you invented has a sense of humor...because she's a drunk.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 23, 2013 9:36:33 AM