Katy Perry | News | Saturday Night Live | Television

SNL's Version Of A Boy Dance Party: Video

Boy dance

Last night's episode of Saturday Night Live (hosted by Bruce Willis) featured skits that mashed Gravity with the government shutdown and provided a look into what a boy dance party might look like (hint - it involves twerking).

Katy

Musical guest Katy Perry showed up with her band of animals to perform a lively theatrical version of "Roar."

Watch all three clips, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. the future: even our comedy sketches will have product placement, in this case KatyP! wah-wah-wah...

Posted by: oldFUKRhere | Oct 13, 2013 12:57:42 PM

2. SNL... for the 15 year old boy in you

Katy Perry...pretty...can sing...and persona of a 15 year old girl

Posted by: QJ201 | Oct 13, 2013 1:10:01 PM

3. Last night's show was cringeworthy. Minus Weekend Update, of course.

Katy Perry's performance was, errr... boring. Not a fan of her– and I've given her way too many opportunities to impress me.

Posted by: JonQPublik | Oct 13, 2013 2:47:48 PM

4. Katy Perry has had some songs I liked but then she comes out with crap like this that feels like a theme song to a Nickelodeon or Disney show. Horrible.

Posted by: daws | Oct 13, 2013 4:08:51 PM

5. Bruce Willis as Michael Kors was homophobic, unfunny and didnt even remotely sound like him. Although he did look a bit like him, actually.

Posted by: JWL | Oct 13, 2013 6:39:11 PM

6. For the most part the "WEEKEND UPDATE" segment the ONLY thing that keeps SNL on the air!

Posted by: Mike | Oct 13, 2013 7:29:41 PM

7. I did like the Gravity/Shutdown mashup. Those tend to be the best sketches like the time years ago when they mashed up Pat with Single White Female. Glad there's still something funny on that show. I haven't watched it in eons.

Posted by: Houndentenor | Oct 13, 2013 9:15:24 PM

8. C'mon guys. SNL has had lamish periods and amazing periods all along. The early stuff you think was so fab was fab in the context of the times. The current cast is mostly new. It will take time for the writers and cast to really come together, if they do. Meanwhile, the Gravity and obviously prerecorded (and really well directed, edited and played) Boys Dance Party were great.

Katy Perry, like a lot of current pop stars (Ms. Germanaotta excepted) are a combination of belting ability, production, and high tech image honing. And nothing else.

Posted by: emjayay | Oct 14, 2013 1:40:04 AM

9. What is sad is the Roar number was 10x better than Walking on Air one she did later in the show. I won't deny I enjoyed the men in white spandex dancing around, but the entire thing seemed like a SNL skit itself. She's terrible live, which only demonstrates how amazing computers are these days.

I enjoyed the season premiere with Miley, but this was a very disappointing episode over all. I am very happy the guy from the AT&T commercials is on there now, though. Huge crush. And I'm trying to give Cecily Strong a chance on Weekend Update, but I'm not feeling it. And I miss Stefon.

Posted by: Stefon | Oct 14, 2013 9:57:56 AM