Alec Baldwin | News

Alec Baldwin Uses His Gay Hairdresser to Prove He's Not a Homophobe

Hair_baldwin

Responding to a firestorm of criticism after he was caught calling a photographer a "c--ksucking fag" yesterday, Alec Baldwin brought his gay hairdresser out to the sidewalk today to demonstrate that he's not a homophobe.

TMZ, who broke yesterday's story, writes:

Alec Baldwin just played the, "I have a gay friend" card ... putting his male hairdresser on the spot in front of reporters to vouch for his non-homophobia. It's shameless, it's desperate ... and quite frankly, it's sad.

It wreaks of "dance monkey, dance" ... with Alec asking him straight up -- "Am I a homophobe?"

TMZ then spoke with the hairdresser, who said:

"I don’t think he’s homophobic. I don’t at all. Whenever he is in here, we are always talking and cutting hair. He booked an appointment for today, he always does and he is a good tipper.”

Watch the video HERE.

Comments

1. So basically that "hairdresser" is a prostitute who is getting paid to suck Alec's cock

Posted by: litper | Nov 15, 2013 12:50:58 PM

2. If this blind item is him, his prostitutes are usually younger:

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 15, 2013 12:57:22 PM

3. "He is a good tipper." End of story. I used to work for tips. Would you want to lost that regular "good" tip because you told the paparazzi anything other than what Alec wanted you to? I'm not blaming the guy, but that basically invalidates his comments on the matter.

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 15, 2013 12:58:18 PM

4. that hairdresser is awfully cute in any case.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 15, 2013 12:58:20 PM

5. I just love the "some of my best friends are faggots" approach. It's so sincere.

Posted by: Frank | Nov 15, 2013 1:01:01 PM

6. Alec Baldwin, when in his 30s, 40s wow. And now...this..

Posted by: Andy Towlette | Nov 15, 2013 1:01:14 PM

7. Yeah, sorry, but I don't need TMZ to pass judgment on "shameless and desperate" behavior. They are the dregs of society.

Posted by: Joey Y | Nov 15, 2013 1:01:26 PM

8. I don't blame the hairdresser because I'm sure Alec is a really generous customer.

But, was anyone ever doubting that Alec had gay acquaintances? I'ts the language he chooses to use that people have a problem with.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 15, 2013 1:02:12 PM

9. There are openly gay actors on 30 Rock, ask them if they had any problems with Alec? I doubt it! Excuse the pun... but this is over blown,not news.

Posted by: Jerry Pritikin the bleacher Preacher | Nov 15, 2013 1:03:55 PM

10. Why has this guy suddenly become the most talked about person in the world?

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 15, 2013 1:05:51 PM

11. to jerry pritkin---it's not news but "cocksucking fag" is definiately NOT over blown-that's horrible from a public figure!!!

Posted by: will | Nov 15, 2013 1:07:26 PM

12. "Dance monkey, dance" indeed. Or the white supremecist who claims he's not a racist because he has a black friend. I cannot understand what goes on in the minds of people who do things like this. But, he is a Baldwin after all.

Posted by: Dave | Nov 15, 2013 1:08:35 PM

13. Please tell me this is from The Onion.

Posted by: Bill | Nov 15, 2013 1:09:04 PM

14. Wow, he's obviously getting damage control advice from the same group advising the Toronto mayor. Not helping.

Posted by: Patric | Nov 15, 2013 1:10:43 PM

15. A gay hairdresser? That's good enough for me.

Posted by: Gigi | Nov 15, 2013 1:12:30 PM

16. @Joe he may be cute but his self hating is a turn off. I bet he's a republican too!

Posted by: litper | Nov 15, 2013 1:13:55 PM

17. No comment.

Posted by: Bean | Nov 15, 2013 1:28:54 PM

18. The hairdresser is not gay enough for me Alec. Now, if he called himself a "coiffer", I'd agree with you.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 15, 2013 1:29:46 PM

19. 30 Rock also had Tracy I'd Kill My Son If He Was Gay Morgan.

Posted by: Kev C | Nov 15, 2013 1:32:07 PM

20. I wish all of the Baldwins would just go away.. The whole "some of my best friends are gay" is such a bunch of crap! With friends like that..who needs enemies?

Posted by: Jim Stone | Nov 15, 2013 1:32:18 PM

21. Alec Baldwin is no threat to us. Religious homophobes pushing anti-gay agendas are. I really don't care if somebody say "f*g" when they have no social agenda. Alec campaigned for marriage equality in New York. He urged New Yorkers to kick out the State Senators who voted against gay marriage. He and his brothers have a history of anti-gay slurs. They were obviously brought up a certain way. Alec is fighting it and apologizing.

We have bigger fish to fry than Alec Baldwin. There are so many witch-hunting small-minded people on this site.

Posted by: will | Nov 15, 2013 1:32:55 PM

22. I don't think he is being serious. I didn't watch the video, but as someone who is very familiar with his humor on 30 Rock and even SNL this kind of response is just the kind of gag that he would be "sending up". He is not a dumb man, nor is he ignorant of the "some of my best friends are" excuse. The fact that he is schlepping out someone who portends to be a hairdresser, a MAJOR gay stereotype, is kind of the red flag that he is making fun of himself for being so stupid. Again, I don't think he is being serious.

Posted by: macguffin54 | Nov 15, 2013 1:34:56 PM

23. Sorry, "pretends".

Posted by: macguffin54 | Nov 15, 2013 1:36:02 PM

24. The way I see it, regardless of his little stunt, is that Alec has a foot in mouth problem not a homophobia problem.

Posted by: danielw | Nov 15, 2013 1:38:17 PM

25. I don't think Baldwin is a homophobe, I just think he's an a-hole. I'm not even sure if he'd have a huge problem with that latter description...

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 15, 2013 1:40:20 PM