Gay Marriage | Gay Marriage Proposal | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Kevin and RJ

Mendoza1

A closing ceremony performance by Broadway actress Liz Casasola at the Filipino American National Historical Society of New York's annual celebration of Filipino-American History Month got personal when Casasola told the crowd she was dedicating the song to Dr. Kevin Nadal, an author and activist.

Nadal pretended to be surprised but was actually in on the performance, and had an even bigger surprise planned for his partner RJ Mendoza.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss our other recent gay wedding and marriage proposal videos...
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Harry and Lance's '99 Red Balloons' flash mob [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: IL Rep. Sam Yingling and Lowell Jaffe [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Donavan and Ricardo [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Shannon and Sandy [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Jeanne and Alissa[tlrd]

Mendoza2

Comments

1. cute

Posted by: Reality | Nov 11, 2013 2:07:49 PM

2. These proposals in public can be profoundly uncomfortable for someone who may have qualms about marriage.

Posted by: candideinnc | Nov 11, 2013 2:44:53 PM

3. Mazel tov! Much metta! Sooo sweet!

And on a completely shallow level: Helloooo Senor Guitaro!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Nov 11, 2013 2:52:48 PM

4. So when you see a straight marriage proposal, ask them to stop CANDIDEINNC!

Posted by: BETTY | Nov 11, 2013 3:07:46 PM

5. The cutest part was when RJ said, " I got engaged. I mean we." He was owning that moment...lol.

Posted by: Thurts | Nov 11, 2013 3:15:53 PM

6. I don't know what you are talking about, Betty. I am saying if someone proposed to me that I cared for, but I wasn't maybe ready to marry, I would find the proposal extremely awkward and potentially embarrassing. I can see people feeling intimidated by the circumstance of the proposal, and don't think it is a terrific idea to do this sort of thing in front of a crowd.

Posted by: candideinnc | Nov 11, 2013 3:16:08 PM

7. These proposals always crack me up...with a big grin.

Love it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 11, 2013 3:17:09 PM

8. I didn't get the scarf business. What was that?

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 11, 2013 3:22:12 PM

9. Once again I have to ask why this is a "gay marriage proposal" and not just a "marriage proposal."

Posted by: Don | Nov 11, 2013 3:23:49 PM

10. Congratulations to both of them. Brought tears to my eyes..

Posted by: Robert M. | Nov 11, 2013 5:02:10 PM

11. I think when you propose to someone, especially in public, you are usually about 99% sure they will say yes, or you wouldn't do it.

My now-husband (of two weeks), proposed to me in our favorite restaurant in Lake Tahoe, but admittedly in a more private way with only the restaurant owner and waitress knowing what was going on, and it was lovely. I don't think that after 10 years together he thought I was going to say no.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 11, 2013 5:33:13 PM

12. And, these two are so cute together, scarf notwithstanding.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 11, 2013 5:33:58 PM

13. When did marriage proposals become big production numbers? I can see having an engagement party with music and dancing etc. AFTER the engagement, why this need to need to involve a cast of thousands in the actual proposal? It turns what should be a private, intimate moment between two people into a circus event.

Posted by: Howard | Nov 11, 2013 5:49:31 PM

14. Well played!

Posted by: jsb | Nov 11, 2013 7:02:19 PM

15. CANDIDE, I see your point but every couple has its own dynamic and in some couples the person being proposed to has already (and perhaps repeatedly) made it clear to their partner that they want to tie the knot :).

Posted by: redball | Nov 11, 2013 7:31:26 PM