Advertising | Gay Marriage | Google | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Marriage Included in Google Nexus 5 'I Do' Commercial: VIDEO

Nexus

Hats off to the Google Nexus 5 for its new ad, which celebrates all kinds of weddings.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Nice commercial. I wish they would have featured the gay couple outside of a two second walk to city hall, but any inclusion is nice.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Nov 1, 2013 10:24:47 AM

2. This is like the third or fourth commercial I have seen that advertises a phone just for its camera abilities. I imagine within the next five years people will basically only buy cameras for professional reasons and Joe and Jane America will just use their phones. Kudos for the inclusion of a gay couple. Hopefully they are not cut out when the commerical is edited for TV.

Posted by: KT | Nov 1, 2013 10:49:03 AM

3. A two second walk? That was not EVEN two seconds! Seems like too many of the businesses are being super safe and waiting until gay marriage reaches a full half of the states. Which will not be long now . . .

Posted by: Mike | Nov 1, 2013 10:49:45 AM

4. Sorry, it wasn't enough for me. Two men kissing at the alter at the end would have made it a really nice commercial.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 1, 2013 10:52:53 AM

5. Sorry, it wasn't enough for me. Two men kissing at the alter at the end would have made it a really nice commercial.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 1, 2013 10:52:54 AM

6. oh puh-lease! Two seconds? All of the couple s were featured for a brief moment. Stop looking for scandal where none exists. I was glad to see so many different personal and cultural expressions of love and marriage. My favorites were the couple on top of the mountain and the older couple on the ferris wheel.

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 1, 2013 10:54:46 AM

7. My husband and I were married in that City Hall (San Francisco) in 2008!

Posted by: DB | Nov 1, 2013 11:25:51 AM

8. briefly including a gay couple without drawing much attention to the scene is, in it's own way, a very progressive statement.

Posted by: peter | Nov 1, 2013 11:59:21 AM

9. I know, I know...it's all semantics, but I wish the headline were GAY COUPLE INCLUDED IN GOOGLE NEXUS 'I DO' COMMERCIAL. I am not getting gay married to my husband, I am getting married to him.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Nov 1, 2013 12:51:23 PM

10. Well, I thought it was cool that it was inclusive on so many levels -- religious (and non-religious, apparently), age, race, ethnicity. It was just a cool commercial.

Posted by: Ken | Nov 1, 2013 12:58:14 PM

11. it's nice to be included, but it would have been nice to have been included more explicitly. This was very subtle, and not a clear representation of gay marriage.

It would have been nice to see the gay couple at the altar, kissing, anything that definitively shows them as a couple. The whole "city hall, shown from behind, holding hands thing is almost offensive as such- it's such a weak support it clearly doesn't treat gay couples as casually as the rest of them. (you know when we gays get "married" we go to city hall and do it, not like the rest of the world in church or a private venue)

Gay is the new "token" diversity to throw in for some pizazz. But you better make it fun, light, or very discreet, or you might offend the mainstream.

I guess I shouldn't complain- something is better than nothing, and this is some kind of inclusion, however weak it is.

Posted by: notice | Nov 1, 2013 3:05:42 PM

12. For those that care about the phone, the specs are out of this world for the price. Seriously.

Posted by: Billy | Nov 1, 2013 10:54:32 PM

13. the ad is amazing, but the phone is incredible for the price !

Posted by: willy | Nov 2, 2013 2:53:14 PM