Billie Jean King | Kate McKinnon | News | Russia | Sochi Olympics

Kate McKinnon Plays Billie Jean King in Hilarious Preview of Sochi Olympics on SNL: VIDEO

Mckinnon_king

As you know, Obama is send several openly gay athletes in the U.S. Delegation to the Sochi Olympics, and Billie Jean King (Kate McKinnon) appeared on SNL's 'Weekend Update' to talk about gays and the upcoming Games.

Said McKinnon: "BJK's about to double-down. And Putin's gonna find himself in the epicenter of a gay tornado...There is no demographic in this world that gives less of a flip than 70-year-old lesbians."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It was funny but in NO WAY was she anything like BJK who deserves a hell of a lot more respect from our community. This was just a bunch of lesbian stereotypes calling itself Billy Jean King.

Posted by: Sean (The Jeep Guy) | Dec 22, 2013 12:14:30 PM

2. Very funny. I burst out laughing at the "70-year old lesbian" quip. I WISH BJK would haul a** on Sochi but we know it isn't going to happen.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Dec 22, 2013 1:05:26 PM

3. I didn't find this quite as bad as the "A Christmas Carol" sketch. Ebenezer Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Past had a flashback to Ebenezer's younger years, where he was a wildly flamboyant man at a party. If you can't find the humor in gay stereotypes, avoid that sketch.
    I was annoyed, but it was laugh-out-loud funny.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 22, 2013 1:17:23 PM

4. http://www.hulu.com/watch/575541#i2,p4,d1

Posted by: Mike | Dec 22, 2013 1:25:55 PM

5. As Kate McKinnon is an out lesbian, I think she's allowed to make any and all digs on the stereotype or use the stereotype to her comic advantage.

Posted by: Phil | Dec 22, 2013 2:02:40 PM

6. Mike, I couldn't get too offended either, but also didn't think most of it was especially funny. I think because SNL relies on gay jokes for a huge part of its jokes in all sketches, and most of its vast writing staff are straight males who don't seem to know any gay people very well.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 22, 2013 2:23:43 PM

7. Very funny. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: andrew | Dec 22, 2013 3:17:48 PM

8. Come on people, this was funny as hell. I don't care that they had BJK using LGBT stereotypes, that is her very well earned right. Even if it wasn't, if we can't laugh at ourselves, then we have some serious problems. What I wouldn't give to see BJK doing donuts in Red Square in a Subaru Outback. I would even go to Russia for that.

Posted by: Jake | Dec 22, 2013 3:27:01 PM

9. Just lazy. This comedienne did not even attempt to capture BJK's mannerisms.

Posted by: LaganjaEstranjaForever | Dec 22, 2013 3:52:12 PM

10. Overall it was blah and bordering on pathetic. But the quip about 'the only demographic that could give less of a flip is 70 year old lesbians' was gold.

Posted by: robroy | Dec 22, 2013 4:09:13 PM

11. To clarify, I thought the BJK bit was funny. I was referring to Mike and his reference to the Christmas Carol Sketch.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 22, 2013 4:24:10 PM

12. Saturday Night Live was GREAT last night. Madonna, Barry Gibb, JT, Fallon, Mayor Bloomberg; how can you go wrong with that line-up?

Posted by: Stephen | Dec 22, 2013 4:55:55 PM

13. She is SO talented -- love her -- and she's making her mark.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Dec 23, 2013 3:30:46 PM