Comments

1. says

It was funny but in NO WAY was she anything like BJK who deserves a hell of a lot more respect from our community. This was just a bunch of lesbian stereotypes calling itself Billy Jean King.

2. Mike Ryan says

Very funny. I burst out laughing at the “70-year old lesbian” quip. I WISH BJK would haul a** on Sochi but we know it isn’t going to happen.

3. Mike says

I didn’t find this quite as bad as the “A Christmas Carol” sketch. Ebenezer Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Past had a flashback to Ebenezer’s younger years, where he was a wildly flamboyant man at a party. If you can’t find the humor in gay stereotypes, avoid that sketch.
    I was annoyed, but it was laugh-out-loud funny.

4. Phil says

As Kate McKinnon is an out lesbian, I think she’s allowed to make any and all digs on the stereotype or use the stereotype to her comic advantage.

5. Paul R says

Mike, I couldn’t get too offended either, but also didn’t think most of it was especially funny. I think because SNL relies on gay jokes for a huge part of its jokes in all sketches, and most of its vast writing staff are straight males who don’t seem to know any gay people very well.

6. Jake says

Come on people, this was funny as hell. I don’t care that they had BJK using LGBT stereotypes, that is her very well earned right. Even if it wasn’t, if we can’t laugh at ourselves, then we have some serious problems. What I wouldn’t give to see BJK doing donuts in Red Square in a Subaru Outback. I would even go to Russia for that.

7. robroy says

Overall it was blah and bordering on pathetic. But the quip about ‘the only demographic that could give less of a flip is 70 year old lesbians’ was gold.

8. Paul R says

To clarify, I thought the BJK bit was funny. I was referring to Mike and his reference to the Christmas Carol Sketch.

9. Stephen says

Saturday Night Live was GREAT last night. Madonna, Barry Gibb, JT, Fallon, Mayor Bloomberg; how can you go wrong with that line-up?