Drag Queens | News | RuPaul

Meet the Queens Competing in RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 6: PHOTOS

Ru1

The 14 queens competing in Season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race,which premieres in February, were revealed over the past three days. Which one are you rooting for?

Joslyn Fox from Worcester, Massachusetts, below.

Meet the others, AFTER THE JUMP...

O0OAHoh

Courtney Act from Los Angeles, California

91NLfpZ

Magnolia Crawford from Los Angeles, California

Q2U6jQ0

Darienne Lake from Rochester, New York

TIRNafk

Comments

1. Courtney will wipe the floor with the others: brains beauty and nice to boot. Don't you just hate her!

Posted by: Tristram | Dec 9, 2013 8:07:30 AM

2. Can't wait. My favorites have won the last couple seasons so I know that has to come to an end.

Posted by: MIke | Dec 9, 2013 8:19:20 AM

3. Ben De La Creme FTW! Seattle represent - again!

Posted by: Mike | Dec 9, 2013 8:32:50 AM

4. Isn't Adore the kid from American idol?

Posted by: Glen | Dec 9, 2013 8:41:33 AM

5. All of New Orleans is rooting for our hometown gal Bianca Del Rio, who's been lighting up NYC for over a decade now...but Bianca was born right here in The Big Easy! GO TEAM BIANCA!!!

Posted by: Vatican Lokey | Dec 9, 2013 8:52:46 AM

6. @GLEN

Yep, Adore was on American Idol.

I think it's time for Ru to franchise to other areas of the world. Don't you want RPDR - The British Invasion?

Posted by: QJ201 | Dec 9, 2013 9:16:58 AM

7. Derp de derp... Effeminate queens ... De derpy derp... Masculinity... Until one day ... De derp de tidly tumpty terp... Destructive Stereotypes. De derp de tidly derpy derpy dumb.

Posted by: Rick | Dec 9, 2013 9:19:56 AM

8. A lot from NYC and LA ... there's plenty of talent in places where Ru doesn't have a home!

Posted by: Reality | Dec 9, 2013 9:25:44 AM

9. Milk the Dairy Man? I'm dying.

Posted by: Mike8787 | Dec 9, 2013 9:48:58 AM

10. Wow, Courtney could give Chalize Theron a run for her money.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Dec 9, 2013 9:56:11 AM

11. *r

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Dec 9, 2013 9:56:31 AM

12. Rick aren't there other sites you'd be happier at?

Not once have I ever read anything positive from you. Living your life this way can't be healthy.

Please learn to love yourself, if not for your own well-being then for those of us that come across your nasty comments each day.

Posted by: Chrisme | Dec 9, 2013 10:36:07 AM

13. I love, love, LOVE RuPaul's Drag Race and drag period (when done well with intelligence and wit). But some of those eyebrows while NOT in drag? You wear those out in your everyday life?

Posted by: Jay | Dec 9, 2013 10:44:13 AM

14. SQUEEEEEEEE!

Posted by: The Milkman | Dec 9, 2013 10:45:08 AM

15. YIPEEE!!!! I have been going through withdrawals!

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Dec 9, 2013 11:07:54 AM

16. @ "But some of those eyebrows while NOT in drag? You wear those out in your everyday life?"

You know, Jay, you reminded me of a funny incident. A few years ago a lot of guys coming from Puerto Rico were contouring their eyebrows. I thought that meant they were Gay. Well, there was one beautiful PR guy who worked in a fish store in our city's downtown mall.

I started smiling at him (with his plucked and arched eyebrows). Well, he gave me look like he wanted to spit in my face.

It was later that a Puerto Rican friend of mine explained that it was a new fad among Straight guys "on the island" to shape their eyebrows, but the guys were not Gay.

I got my feelings hurt. Don't confuse me, Papi!!!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 9, 2013 11:18:42 AM

17. Courtney and April are the fishiest. Gina looks like she's trying to detach her head in that pic.

I think Courtney Act is actually Australian and was on Australian Idol or X-Factor or something. He's good friends with Willam and I've seen him in some of his YouTube videos. Totally convincing as a woman.

PS BRING BACK WILLAM!!

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 9, 2013 12:35:32 PM

18. I do not in the least think the art of drag should be about "Who's the fishiest?" That's female impersonation. Drag takes female impersonation and adds layers of humor that speak to what's going on in the world and a sense of history. It's much more than who's the fishiest and who can jump in the air and land in a split. I hope these queens turn it out with some real smart camp.

Posted by: Jon | Dec 9, 2013 12:50:14 PM

19. @Jon - I agree with you. I was just making an observation. I like my queens with some balls.

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 9, 2013 1:00:29 PM

20. Laganja Estranja is probably the most exciting drag performer in America right now; no queen wants to lipsync for their life against her, that's for sure. Check out her YouTube performances of Work It, Milkshake, Ponytail, Pu$$y/ Beatdown, et al.

Posted by: LaganjaEstranjaForever | Dec 9, 2013 1:23:39 PM

21. I want to be in a group marriage with Vi, Bianca, Gia and April. Both their befores and afters are beautiful. But Ben, Courtney and Darienne could all easily pass for real women, and their transformations are amazing.

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Dec 9, 2013 1:51:23 PM

22. Darienne is a phenomenal performer, absolutely hysterical and witty and one amazing human. This journey he's on is wonderful to see!

Posted by: jason | Dec 9, 2013 2:00:21 PM

23. Courtney, April, Ben, Laganja and Gia look awesome.

Posted by: Tiffany | Dec 9, 2013 2:31:57 PM

24. This season is nothing without Vicki Vox...the third in the Triad of Willam, Detox...and VICKI...should have been.

but I will root for Courtney since she fills in for Detox once in a while.

Posted by: Glen | Dec 9, 2013 2:58:44 PM

25. @REALITY actually the first few seasons they had a lot of queens not from la or nyc - the big city drag girls turned their noses up until they saw how much bank the screen time was getting these girls. Chad Michaels was asked to do season 1 but he thought it would suck so they got Shannel.

Now you do RPDR and you get a year of bookings on tour, most every girl from last season is books solid for 2013 - Alyssa Edwards has her own WOW internet series, Alyssa's Secret that is god damn funny as hell.

Posted by: Glen | Dec 9, 2013 6:23:36 PM