Anne Hathaway | Film | Film and TV | Matthew McConaughey | News

Watch: Teaser Trailer For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'

Interstellar

The first trailer for Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated Interstellar has arrived.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the film "chronicles the adventures of a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage." Matthew McConaughey stars and does the voice over for the trailer. The film also boasts a heavy-hitting cast that includes Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck, Wes Bentley, Bill Irwin, Mackenzie Foy, Topher Grace and David Gyasi.

Check out the teaser AFTER THE JUMP...

Hands

Comments

1. After those overblown, overrated Batman films I am cautious of anything with Nolan's name attached. He is one of those egotistical Hollywood directors who notoriously forgets the condition of the human bladder. He needs a merciless editor. I bet this clocks in at 4 hours long. No thanks!

Posted by: AJ | Dec 15, 2013 11:46:36 AM

2. Nolan's longest film's running time is 165 minutes. If you have to pee every 2 and a half hours, you need to see your doctor. It sounds like you've got a case of the olds.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 15, 2013 12:01:04 PM

3. As in most cases, narration comes across as trite and pretentious. This trailer does not prove otherwise.

Posted by: eubean | Dec 15, 2013 12:08:37 PM

4. I work with doctors. They say if you're not peering at least once an hour, you are not drinking enough water.

Posted by: Raybob | Dec 15, 2013 12:37:09 PM

5. 'Peeing'
    Damn autocorrect

Posted by: Raybob | Dec 15, 2013 12:37:51 PM

6. What the hell...where are the explosions, monsters, mayhem, high tech interiors and fine men in tight pants? You call this a trailer? Right, it trails behind everything.

Just kidding. I look forward to it as long as it hasn't got some minority mother with her underprivileged teen daughter running through the streets of New York looking for her husband who lost his way after his police car flipped and burned when a steelspiked dinosaur belched on the Avenue of the Americas.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 15, 2013 12:51:31 PM

7. This looks very promising. As a huge fan of all things Sci-if I feel like we have been in a small dark ages for Science Fiction. All we have had is re-cycled concepts and stories. Hopefully Nolan can do for the space Odessy what he did for a tired and silly Batman story.

With regards to bladder capacity, I have never had to as often in my life since I quit drinking alcohol and filled the gap with quarts and quarts of water. I don't think it's an age issue as much as a conumption issue. I wouldn't mind a 5 min pause in any movie over 2 hours.

Posted by: Jason B. | Dec 15, 2013 1:03:45 PM

8. Raybob, either your doctors are wrong or you're hallucinating again.

Most people urinate four to seven times per day. More than eight times in a 24-hour period is a potential sign of overactive bladder and should be checked by a doctor.

Every hour means you need to take the water hose out of your ass.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 15, 2013 1:10:19 PM

9. I no longer watch movies in theaters. When you watch at home you can pee whenever you want, make popcorn, playback inaudible dialog, or a host of other things. You also are not bothered by people talking, spilling things on you, arriving late late and walking in front of you.

However, this trailer does not really inspire me to want to watch this movie. I think I will pass.

Posted by: Voet | Dec 15, 2013 1:14:11 PM

10. It looks more "Inception" than "Batman", and I fell asleep during "Inception".

Posted by: Mike | Dec 15, 2013 4:08:24 PM

11. What a lousy trailer. It's like an ad for an energy conglomerate.

Posted by: AdamK | Dec 15, 2013 4:24:24 PM

12. The movie was conceived by and the original screenplay written by physicist Kip Thorne from Cal Tech. He was inspired by what Carl Sagan did with Cosmos.

Posted by: anon | Dec 15, 2013 8:40:21 PM

13. Nolan flicks are events and I highly anticipate each one.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Dec 15, 2013 9:30:45 PM

14. Watch it, Crispy, with them "olds" cracks....
    (and do actually know a doctor who can cure the "olds"?)
    ;-)

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Dec 16, 2013 2:06:58 AM

15. You dolts. It's called a "teaser" trailer for a reason. Can't wait to see more...

Posted by: ColinATL | Dec 16, 2013 8:31:03 AM