Celine Dion | Film and TV | Hugh Jackman | Kathy Griffin | Television

What To Watch This Week on TV: Holly Jolly Jackman, Kathy Griffin Sets Record, 'Lucy' In Color - VIDEO

Jackman

Check out our weekly guide to make sure you're catching the big premieres, crucial episodes and the stuff you won't admit you watch when no one's looking.

—  Hugh Jackman leaves the claws behind for Christmas In Washington, featuring Janelle Monáe, Anna Kendrick (Pitch Perfect), Backstreet Boys and Sheryl Crow. Enjoy holiday classics along with President Obama and his family Friday at 8 p.m. Eastern on TNT.

More picks and clips, including I Love Lucy in color and Kathy Griffin's record-breaking special, AFTER THE JUMP...

—  If you're a sucker for Celine Dion's signature brand of schmaltz (see a past holiday performance above), you'll definitely need to keep the Kleenex handy for A Home For the Holidays, Wednesday at 8 p.m. on CBS. Your heart will grow three sizes watching these adoption stories along with Celine's performances.

—  Love her or hate her, Kathy Griffin has certainly amassed a body of work. With Kathy Griffin: Record Breaker Wednesday at 8 p.m. on Bravo she'll become the Guinness Book of World Records titleholder for most televised stand-up specials.

—  Make your holiday a bit more colorful with the I Love Lucy Christmas Special, now colorized, 8 p.m. Eastern, Friday on CBS.

—  Dust off the ruby slippers and settle in with a classic. TNT is showing The Wizard of Oz in back-to-back showings at 7 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Eastern on Saturday.

Comments

1. I believe this is only the 3rd time the I Love Lucy Xmas episode has been aired as it never went into syndication.

Posted by: Wyatt | Dec 16, 2013 8:00:49 PM

2. Darling, I'm GAY. I don't need TNT for The Wizard of Oz. I got it on DVD as part of my Q-Card Platinum membership.

Posted by: Jerry | Dec 16, 2013 11:19:31 PM

3. Is the Wizard of Oz colorized too because I tried to watch it once, but when I saw it was in B&W, I took a pass.

Posted by: Critifur | Dec 17, 2013 12:39:14 AM

4. Critifur, it starts out B&W and switches to color as part of the plot.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 17, 2013 6:47:14 AM

5. Kathy Griffen as a comedian is similar to a tan Camry as a car. Not a very good performer, tries too hard, awful on the eyes, but the mainstream loves her.

Posted by: heresyourchange | Dec 17, 2013 9:23:01 AM

6. Why do some people think colorization is a good idea? It always looks bad. Always.

Posted by: Mona | Dec 17, 2013 9:23:20 AM

7. I think the I LOVE LUCY color episode looks beautiful and shows us just how those people looked in real life. Black and White for the series wasn't an art form, it was just cheaper.

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 17, 2013 1:32:33 PM

8. Colorization is always awful and no, Bobby, this is not the way it was in real life. Lucy's hair color is wrong and the drapes were red, not blue. Scroll down to see color publicity photos of the Christmas episode: http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/25-rare-photos-of-i-love-lucy-in-color

Posted by: Ruddigore | Dec 17, 2013 4:44:29 PM

9. One of these gays is not like the other.

Posted by: FFS | Dec 17, 2013 11:04:39 PM

10. I love Ethel Mae Potter.

Posted by: Tom | Dec 18, 2013 8:58:58 AM

11. Ugh, I was just (what I thought was) humorously trolling. Of course I knew the Wizard of Oz switches to color. In fact the whole thing is in color because the opening and the ending are really in sepia. Which is color. Oh well. Happy Holidays!

Posted by: Critifur | Dec 18, 2013 1:52:50 PM