Christmas | News

White Wine in the Sun: A Christmas Carol — VIDEO

Minchin

One of our favorites, from Tim Minchin.

Merry Christmas to all our Towleroad readers, however you choose to observe it...

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thank you. Merry Xmas from the worlds biggest atheist! :-) btw: loooooove Tim Minchin. The guy is a genius and a great ally!

Posted by: Mike | Dec 25, 2013 12:18:05 PM

2. Merry Chrismas and Happy Solstice from the world's biggest believer in a meaningful universe governed by an unknowable Intention which has given us consciousness and the omnipotent power of focused thought. Use it to always reach for thoughs that feel good and make yourself yourself the life you want in 2014.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 25, 2013 12:57:13 PM

3. Lurve this song! Always on my Xmas playlist!

Posted by: AladinSane | Dec 25, 2013 3:20:20 PM

4. There is a better video of this song:

Posted by: Steve | Dec 25, 2013 6:33:37 PM

5. I really like Christmas too because it's really a pagan solstice celebration! The christians tried to hijack the holiday but it really doesn't fit into their sad belief system very well--too merry and gay.

Posted by: james st. james | Dec 25, 2013 7:47:49 PM

6. TBH, I wish I could let go of my anger and resentment of religion enough so that I could share this sentiment.

But I can't, it seems. So I just try to ignore it as much as I can until it passes.

Posted by: StudioTodd | Dec 25, 2013 8:17:37 PM

7. Honestly I'd rather break bread with Demond Tutu over Dawkins.

I do love his little touch of "To the westernisation of a dead Palestinian"

Posted by: E | Dec 25, 2013 8:30:23 PM

8. @STUDIOTODD: I feel the exact same way.

As for Tim Minchin, he's brilliant. Check out his song "Prejudice" about, well, prejudice.

Posted by: anon | Dec 25, 2013 8:32:25 PM

9. Tim Minchin is a treasure.

Posted by: SteveInDE | Dec 25, 2013 9:34:35 PM

10. Andy: thanks so much for posting this again in 2013. I feel like this song is the prefect expression of seasonal hope and joy juxtaposed against an intimidating and uncertain future. I've taken the baton and followed your example, sending links to this song to my near and dear. With unabashed humanist secular good cheer, tempered by an upbringing limned with (and yet ultimately saved from) religion and conformity...

Posted by: Terry | Dec 25, 2013 9:49:08 PM

11. Thank you and Merry Christmas! Maybe 2014 be the year of a Caca and Glambert FREE Towleroad.

Posted by: don't a tell la | Dec 26, 2013 2:35:13 AM

12. It's because of Towleroad that I discovered Tim Minchin last year and I couldn't be happier because of it. Thank you. This song has a very special place on my Christmas playlist. Thanks for posting it Andy!
    Merry Christmas!