Dennis Rodman | Kim Jong-Un | News | North Korea

Dennis Rodman on North Korean Dictator Kim Jong-Un: 'He's My F---ing Friend' - VIDEO

Rodman

Dennis Rodman was cornered by a group of reporters in the Beijing airport on his way to North Korea with 11 American basketball players to entertain dictator Kim John-Un for his birthday.

Rodman was grilled on why he won't bring up human rights abuses and prison camps with the dictator since he's the only American with access.

Said Rodman: "That's not my job...This game is for his birthday...That’s not the right thing to do. He’s my friend first. He’s my friend. I don’t give a s--t. I tell the world: he’s my f--king friend, I love him.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ugh. Friend to a raving lunatic murderer and perpetrator of mass crimes against humanity. I guess Hitler is too dead.

Posted by: Nick | Jan 6, 2014 12:49:47 PM

2. Yeah, I bet you're gettin' PAID, Dennis.

Posted by: Michael W. | Jan 6, 2014 12:54:13 PM

3. Must make Jack Haley feel really uneasy.

Posted by: The Worm | Jan 6, 2014 1:01:30 PM

4. A simpleton who loves the fact that he gets treated like royalty. It could have been anywhere, as long as some savage dictator was kissing his butt.

Posted by: Halal | Jan 6, 2014 1:04:01 PM

5. One thing his friend does that doesn't get much press is that he actually exports some of his prison labor, for example, to Russia. Prisoners are kept in camps deep in the Siberian forests, cutting timber for export to countries like the UK. Most are kept in the camps for 10 years, with no contact with their families, most of whom are also in prison camps, in North Korea, or the outside world. Russia gets a cheap source of labor, and North Korea gets much needed cash. You can see videos of some reports on YouTube by searching for "North Korean prison camps in Siberia".

Posted by: Eric | Jan 6, 2014 1:07:11 PM

6. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 6, 2014 1:09:43 PM

7. Oh, Lord, help us.

Well, Dennis always had a complex about his physical appearance. If he wants to hang around that silly (and evil) dictator...well) He can't help it. Lord, Lord, Lord.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 6, 2014 1:14:00 PM

8. Rodman has shown many times over that he's insecure, desperate for attention, and essentially a sad clown. Also, he's not exactly the only American with access. Diplomatic channels tend to be a bit more subtle.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 6, 2014 1:20:15 PM

9. pore chile' just ain' got it.

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Jan 6, 2014 1:28:09 PM

10. Maybe Lil' Kim will show him his kennels.

Posted by: Perry | Jan 6, 2014 1:28:29 PM

11. Rodman is as ignorant as he is stupid. I'm all for forgiveness and accepting people for who they are...but a murdering tyrant, dictator with delusions of grandeur??? I wish we'd just forget about him completely and stop giving him the publicity.

I'm also waiting for the day Kim Jong-Un decides he's had enough of Rodman and has him executed.

Posted by: John | Jan 6, 2014 1:32:44 PM

12. Kim Jong Un fed his uncle alive to a pack of starved dogs. Perhaps the better option would be to not go at all, but if I were going to go, I wouldn't go on the record saying anything bad about him as I was boarding a plane to go and see him.

Posted by: antisaint | Jan 6, 2014 1:39:36 PM

13. Put Rodman and his friends in prison on treason charges. Assassinate Kim Jong 2.

Posted by: Kev C | Jan 6, 2014 1:42:39 PM

14. @Nick : Maybe Rodman figures that, if Kim likes the basketball players enough, he won't try to nuke us as it would end his source of entertainment.

BTW, the comparison with Hitler is a bit off. Hitler's party at least ran for office and got enough of the vote (between 30 and 40 percent) that they managed to take over, partly because everyone else was fighting each other. Kim merely inherited his position from his father.

The whole Kim clan reminds me of the classic depiction of Peter III, the Russian emperor who has been portrayed in films as a raving lunatic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgiGmKn7Yg has an example.

Posted by: Bill | Jan 6, 2014 1:48:23 PM

15. I think Rodman's mamma dropped him on his head when he was a baby. Too many times.

Posted by: Jack M | Jan 6, 2014 2:13:34 PM

16. The starving dogs execution story was a hoax that got picked up by mainstream media. For once, America was Onioned.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 6, 2014 2:20:30 PM

17. @CRISPY-the story appeared in a HK newspaper closely associated with the Chinese C. Party and gov. If a hoax it was likely planted by China to vilify Lil' Kim, who killed, some way or another, their closest ally in the NK government. So no, America wasn't "Onioned."

Posted by: Perry | Jan 6, 2014 2:32:59 PM

18. Wait a minute...wait a minute.

Before we continue this internet lynching of Dennis Rodman, remember, he was pro-Gay/Trans before any other professional athlete (that I can think of). Was he an activist for civil rights for Gays? No. He simply didn't mind people thinking that HE was Gay. That meant something back in the 1990s.

But I don't like him hanging around that little nasty dictator.

But it could be worse. I think Rodman is from Texas. He could be hanging around Ted Cruz.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 6, 2014 2:53:14 PM

19. Perry, actually, the story first appeared in a Beijing newspaper, but it was started by a Chinese satirist.

But more importantly, you link to AOL and expect to be thought of as credible? LOL

Posted by: crispy | Jan 6, 2014 3:17:12 PM

20. What I wanna know is how the hell he found ten other B-ball players to accompany him? Is there some epidemic of stupidity surrounding this guy or just a lot of cash? Please name the other players on this trip....

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Jan 6, 2014 3:27:31 PM

21. No, he's your ticket out of irrelevance. You were better off getting attention by wearing wedding dresses, not palling around with insane murderous dictators. The minute you piss him off or he gets bored with you, you're going to find out exactly what happened to his uncle and one of his mistresses, Dennis.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jan 6, 2014 3:43:11 PM

22. He is a communist sympathizer and his support for the dictator infers support for his actions. He should be arrested and charged with treason.

Posted by: ToThePoint | Jan 6, 2014 4:18:03 PM

23. I'm sorry. Rodman is from New Jersey not Texas. Sorry

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 6, 2014 4:24:58 PM

24. Clearly, Rodman is getting paid a lot of denaro to play one-on-one with the great leader, and the NK leadership knows how to party like Rome never fell, so I'm sure the fringe benefits for Rodman are great in a truly "anything you could want" sorta way. Rodman does not get a pass for this lapse of judgment simply because he expressed some support for gay causes in the past.

Posted by: anon | Jan 6, 2014 4:48:57 PM

25. he's going for the coke, prostitutes, and dollah bills! ugh duh!

Posted by: Joe | Jan 6, 2014 5:10:18 PM