News | Rob Ford | Toronto

Rob Ford Slurs and Swears in Jamaican Accent in New Drunken Clip: VIDEO

Ford

BY DAVID TRIFUNOV / GlobalPost

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says what he does on his own time is nothing reporters should worry about.

Rob Ford’s latest YouTube hit should prove he’s a man of the people, at least the people who frequent fast-food burger joints at 2 a.m. on a Monday morning.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

FordThe Toronto mayor admitted a video of him delivering a rambling, profanity-laced tirade – all in Jamaican accent – is authentic. He quickly added, however, that he cussed out Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair on his own time, so it shouldn’t be a story.

“I was with some friends and what I do in my personal life and (with) my personal friends, that’s up to me,” Ford told reporters, according to The Toronto Star.

“This really has nothing to do with, has nothing to do with you guys. It’s my own time. It’s my own time.”

Ford lost much of his mayoral powers after he admitted to buying and smoking crack, which was also caught on video. He’s been filmed being drunk in public at least two more times. Ford told reporters in recent weeks he’d quit drinking. He admitted to imbibing “a little bit” on Monday after he left work. In the video, he speaks in Jamaican slang and makes references to the Toronto police investigation into the crack video.

Ford also said it’s not “discriminative at all” to speak in Jamaican patois – or slang.

“I was there, I met some friends … that’s how I speak with some of my friends,” Ford said, the Toronto Sun reported. “I don’t think it was discriminative at all.”

According to the Sun’s transcription of the video, he asks those in the Steak King restaurant if they know how much money it cost Toronto police to carry out a five-month investigation.

“They tried to tell me, ‘bro, we’re counter-surveilling ya guy.’ He’s hiding here. I’m a hiding here. F--- off. You know how much money that costs?”

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The worst part of this is that there are still many who support this idiot. It doesn't matter how many times he messes up and embarrasses our fine city, the Fordites BLAME THE PRESS for reporting on his antics. They fall for his "everyone makes mistakes...I'm not perfect" line over and over again. The people who voted for George W. Bush -- twice!! -- have moved to Canada it seems. They like Ford because he seems "down to earth," and is "someone you could have a beer with." WTF?!?! That's the kind of guy you want to be friends with in college, not one who is running your city!

Posted by: Gigi | Jan 22, 2014 8:16:56 AM

2. Worse than this video was that he was there with Sandro Lisi, his former driver and alleged drug dealer. Lisi is a convicted felon and is currently out on bail on charges of drug dealing and extortion (both in relation to the mayor). You would think the "chief magistrate" of the city would avoid being out in public (or in any contact) with a convicted felon.

Posted by: Jim in TO | Jan 22, 2014 8:34:57 AM

3. Bwahahahahaha!

Posted by: Tristram | Jan 22, 2014 8:46:56 AM

4. Can you guys really hear a Jamaican accent? I just hear pure gibberish, like a really drunk baby trying to talk.

Posted by: Brian1 | Jan 22, 2014 9:11:35 AM

5. What is it with these people who vote for someone because they seem like "someone you could have a beer with"?

Really, these people most likely wouldn't have a her with the common folk. And besides, I want my elected officials to be smart enough that they would rather use their mental firepower on solving problems, instead of getting drunk and embarrassing themselves and the public.

Posted by: kdknyc | Jan 22, 2014 10:00:14 AM

6. Isn't it funny how Canadians have suddenly gone silent in bashing Americans for our crazies?

From now on our response to any Canadian complaint about Americans will be, "ROB FORD", and just like that, conversation over.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jan 22, 2014 10:21:11 AM

7. @GIGI, oh HELLLLLLL NO! You're not gonna blame YOUR Rob Ford on Americans! You blame everything on Americans but you're gonna OWN Rob Ford! He's all yours. CANADIANS voted for him and it's CANADIANS who continue to support him. I guess Canadians aren't that different from Americans after all, aye?

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jan 22, 2014 10:25:25 AM

8. He was voted in by the outer-Toronto equivalent of your Teabaggers - pure schadenfreude: his supporters merely love that "the big city liberal elites are upset". nothing more. like sarah palin fans who love her idiocy and prejudice, not her actual policies, that's the rob ford supporter.

and to anyone who knows anything about human nature all you need do is look at poor MRS. FORD to see a textbook case of Battered Wife Syndrome. Yeah, I said it. It's horrifying.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 22, 2014 12:15:13 PM

9. Hey Zeke, settle down, buddy. No one was blaming America for Rob Ford. Those two words, "it seems", kinda cleared that up. Perhaps it's your American education...

Posted by: D.R.H. | Jan 22, 2014 1:18:46 PM

10. Did you Toronotonians not think of adding an impeachment clause to your city charter? They can be helpful at times like these.

Posted by: Don | Jan 22, 2014 1:25:01 PM

11. Don – Such power would have to come from the province. In Canada cities don't really exist as a political entity; they are "creatures of the province".

Posted by: Knock | Jan 22, 2014 6:24:17 PM