Looking | News

Jonathan Groff and Raul Castillo Get Closer in a Preview of Episode 2 of 'Looking': VIDEO

Pv_looking

Patrick (Jonathan Groff) and Richie (Raul Castillo) drink some suds and feel their way closer to a potential hook-up in a preview of this week's new episode of Looking.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They should date in real life too.....

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 24, 2014 1:11:42 PM

2. Castillo is intoxicating.

Posted by: Mikey | Jan 24, 2014 1:17:00 PM

3. Isn't Jonathan Groff dating Mr. Spock in real life?

I like how his character is sort of a mess on this show. He tries to come off as put-together and claims to be looking for a real relationship, but then he gets drunk on dates (twice now!) and turns into a buffoon. I know too many men like that.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 24, 2014 1:25:18 PM

4. CRISPY: they broke up a while back

Posted by: allan | Jan 24, 2014 1:40:07 PM

5. This is the most vapid dialogue. Two ciphers getting ready to have sex.

Posted by: will | Jan 24, 2014 1:52:51 PM

6. Ohfuckoff, Will. Did you not catch the part where Raul Castillo says let's go someplace else instead of back to Patrick's house?

I swear, if half the people who complain about this show could actually follow it, they might have some credibility.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 24, 2014 2:05:24 PM

7. I liked the clip. Sorry. It felt realistic. Guys might be nervous, touch each other's hairs, first steps to touch more.

Posted by: Matt27 | Jan 24, 2014 2:28:29 PM

8. I feel like the story line between these two is going to be another predictable one.

Posted by: Derrick | Jan 24, 2014 2:41:37 PM

9. Seems like a regular pick-up convo to me. Not over-written or made more than it is. I like that.
    Not liking Castillo's acting, though. Weak. This kind of story-telling needs very skilled actors, not just eye candy.

Posted by: garryo | Jan 24, 2014 2:50:35 PM

10. Since some of you seem to know how it's going to flow, please just go away and let the rest of us find out on our own, thank you very much.

Posted by: Irritated by snobish know-it-all gays | Jan 24, 2014 2:51:56 PM

11. I've seen the 2nd episode. And the next two. And I love the show! And there can never be enough of Raul Castillo.

Posted by: Joe | Jan 24, 2014 3:28:01 PM

12. Show is boring and so is the cast!

Posted by: JD | Jan 24, 2014 4:28:37 PM

13. This is more action than I've had with Michele in YEARS!

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Jan 24, 2014 4:43:23 PM

14. It's gay mumblecore on HBO!

Posted by: jarago | Jan 24, 2014 4:58:24 PM

15. I'm interested for more.

Posted by: Martin | Jan 24, 2014 5:02:57 PM

16. Ah, interracial couples are hot! And this is realistic too.

I don't think I'll subscribe to HBO until Game of Thrones comes back but by then I'll catch up on the whole season of Looking!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Jan 24, 2014 5:40:10 PM

17. I like how they pair up Groff with someone not that attractive so that the message of getting to know people without just judging by looks is stressed. I think it sends a positive message to young kids watching.

Posted by: Steve Talbert | Jan 24, 2014 5:44:30 PM

18. "not that attractive" Are you blind Steve Talbert? Richie is better looking than both the ex and the guy Patrick was on the horrible date with. Please get your eyes checked.

Posted by: Derrick | Jan 24, 2014 6:19:44 PM

19. I amazed by how many gays are complaining about this show....and haven't seen it!!...

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 24, 2014 6:32:27 PM

20. I would probably agree that he looks better than the tall thin guy that the couple had sex with. His features are too creased, he looks a bit swarthy but not in a good way, and needs work on his teeth. That's why I like the Internet. For every type there are a bunch of people looking for that and a bunch more looking for the opposite.

Posted by: Steve Talbert | Jan 24, 2014 6:44:23 PM

21. I think of him as about equal to the pasty doctor - just different in terms of looks. He wasn't all that attractive either.

Posted by: Steve Talbert | Jan 24, 2014 6:46:13 PM

22. Well, I can tell you one thing: all this nonsencical naggiang and complaining about this show, led to dismal rating. The clue that networks will get is that they should not make any quality gay show ever, in fact no gay show.

Yes it is gay mumblecore on tv, and it is great gay mumblecore.

ANyone who do not like it can watch some other gay tv show that is more to personal liking.

... Except there is none other, yikes!

Three hundred thousand viewers only. Shamefull.

Posted by: Saturnalia | Jan 24, 2014 7:19:51 PM

23. Unlike "Sex and the City" and "Girls" there is no strong, central person to hold the show together. Jonathan Groff is cute and nice to watch, but he isn't a dynamic or interesting character. Perhaps he will become less bland as the show evolves.

btw, I keep watching when he gets dumped on his date. When a guy is that cute/hot, does this ever really happen? He seems genuinely surprised to be rejected.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jan 24, 2014 7:47:17 PM

24. This show should be renamed "boring" because that's what it is - incredibly so. And its ratings sucked - less than 30% of its lead in "Girls." Maybe its buzz will make up for that or more people will start watching, if not it'll become "cancelled" in no time.

Posted by: Eric | Jan 24, 2014 8:06:35 PM

25. You guys seem to be missing the point of the show- these are not suppose male model types but average gay men- I agree that the main character seems a bit dull.

Posted by: jarago | Jan 24, 2014 9:04:41 PM