BigGayDeal.com

News: Enrique Iglesias, Shia LeBeouf, Issac Asimov, Breaking Bad, Disney

Road War veteran with PTSD becomes first person to buy legal marijuana in Colorado.

Road Enrique Iglesias claims his worst defect is "from the waist down." "I go skinny-dipping if there are no paparazzi around,” Enrique said. When asked if he goes full frontal, he added: “I’m not going to tell you because it would ruin my career. There’s not a lot to show off.”

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 2.46.23 PMRoad Shia LeBeouf offers a sky high apology for plagiarism

Road Duck Dynasty clan launches their own line of guns.

Road The Atlantic looks at why Republican belief in evolution has declined so rapidly in the past four years. "One possibility is that respondents who identified as Republican and believed in evolution in 2009 are no longer identifying as Republicans. Fewer scientists, for example, are reportedly identifying with the GOP, and the overall trend is for fewer Americans to call themselves Republicans. But both Gallup and separate polling from Pew found approximately the same party ID in 2009 and 2013."

Road Issac Asimov's 1964 prediction for what the year 2014 would look like.

Road A Chinese man who attempted to fly a hot-air balloon to an island between Beijing and Tokyo had to be rescued by Japan's coastguard after ditching his balloon at sea

Road James Avery of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel Air' passes away at the age of 68.

Road Miley Cyrus takes a shot at Beyonce. “Beyonce has been a big inspiration to me but she’s been out for such a long time. She’s so talented and I think she’s at the top of the game now but people are always looking for new blood and that’s what I bring to the game now, new blood.”

Road What your favorite drink says about your political inclinations.

Road Man who won contest to meet cast of "Breaking Bad" arrested on drug charges

Magic bandsRoad Disney World's new NSA-style "Magic Bands" track guest movements. "The MyMagic+ 'vacation management system' can track guests as they move throughout Walt Disney World and analyze their buying habits. If parents allow certain settings on the Magic Bands, employees playing characters will be able to see data with the use of hidden sensors --- so a child might walk up to Mickey Mouse, who says, "Hi, Bobby! Happy birthday!" Some rides will be designed so that there's interaction between the machines and people with Magic Bands in waiting areas, thus keeping guests entertained as they wait in line.

Comments

1. I don't care much for Beyonce or Miley for that matter. Beyonce lacks class and used the Challenger disaster audio for her personal financial gain. She's disgusting.

Miley is no better in how she uses nudity gimmicks to promote herself.

Both women suck.

Posted by: mick | Jan 2, 2014 4:48:47 PM

2. Does anyone else find that on this towleroad.com site something tries to hijack their browser and trick them into installing a fake malware update for java or flash? It only happens to me on towleroad, no other site, I'm wondering if something in the back end of the site here is infected.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Jan 2, 2014 4:55:13 PM

3. Randal,

I appear to have had similar problems with towleroad. You are not alone.

Posted by: mick | Jan 2, 2014 5:02:40 PM

4. @Randal

Happens to me too. I get on to the site for a few seconds and then it goes over to the java thing.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 2, 2014 5:15:27 PM

5. LOL

beyonce actually has talent, if Mily wants to replace her then she needs to sell her soul to someone for a good singing voice

Posted by: Moz's | Jan 2, 2014 5:17:43 PM

6. I don't care if Enrique Iglesias is hung like a flea. He is the most perfect combination of cure and sexy ever. And... that ass!

Posted by: robroy | Jan 2, 2014 5:26:23 PM

7. the best thing Shia can do is cut a check to the guy he stole from

"sorry" doesn't pay the bills

Posted by: Moz's | Jan 2, 2014 5:27:41 PM

8. Literally no comparison between the NSA and bracelets which have RFID, but scare monger away, Towleroad!

Posted by: theo | Jan 2, 2014 5:43:44 PM

9. Isaac Asimov, not Issac.

Posted by: HERMES | Jan 2, 2014 6:23:44 PM

10. @Theo: Exactly. The key difference is right there in the quote: "If parents allow..."

Last I checked, the NSA spying doesn't require you to opt-in like this Disney program.

Posted by: alex | Jan 2, 2014 7:00:15 PM

11. Randal/Mick/Chris - Use the Firefox browser with AdBlockPlus installed. Experiment a little with filtering to block junk and malware (and whitelisting to retain comment functionality) and you'll get Towleroad pages loading in less than an eternity.

Posted by: Interwebs User | Jan 2, 2014 8:13:03 PM

12. Miley doesn't always make good decisions, I'll easily admit that. And though I do enjoy her recent album, I'm not an unapologetic fan. That said, these quotes didn't seem consistent with her and a quick Google search shows that after these stories were published, she went on Twitter to say that the quotes were made up. Several sites have pulled them down since then.

Huff Post has more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/02/miley-cyrus-beyonce-quotes_n_4532608.html

Posted by: gabriel | Jan 2, 2014 8:30:17 PM

13. Me too having nuisance popup ads only on towleroad. On my android tablet and on both chrome and the other browser. Makes the site impossible to read but if I persist and open about 5 tabs they then stop

Posted by: Mike | Jan 2, 2014 8:41:34 PM

14. Magic bands...LOLZ !!! Gotta get 'm while they're young.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 2, 2014 8:42:28 PM

15. @Mike,

Use Opera browser, Opera Mini on droid tablet ir phone. You won't get pop ups and TR pages wull load quickly.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 2, 2014 8:45:01 PM

16. The Disney bands will allow the upselling of Disney products. Once they find out what you are buying, you will be offered MORE of the same type of merchandise so you will be tempted to overspend. Disney might hide the real reason, but I think that is what it is.

Posted by: gordon | Jan 2, 2014 9:07:31 PM

17. Oh, Enrique. No problem, it's all about that bum.

Posted by: Stolidog | Jan 2, 2014 9:23:34 PM

18. "Magic Bands" could be good for young families with children -- god knows how many kids get separated from their parents there and how much grief that could cause. Now security could quickly find them once reported.

Posted by: Ryan | Jan 2, 2014 11:55:01 PM

19. Using Explorer I never got any crap when on Towleroad. But recently I downloaded the latest Firefox and it seems a bunch of crap like that piggybacked its way in somehow. I did some fairly simple things to get rid of it until something seems to have worked. But I shouldn't have to figure out how to do that stuff in the first place.

Posted by: emjayay | Jan 3, 2014 1:10:03 AM

20. Enrique you look like you would be "hung like a flea"...honestly it works better because the cat is literally out of the bag...before it's out of the bag....you were born to be a bottom

Posted by: FakeOutrage | Jan 3, 2014 6:47:56 AM