BigGayDeal.com

News: Pig, Lady Gaga, Liquor Habits, Mennonites, Sean Strub

RoadMennonite 'Mountain States Conference' to be first to license openly gay pastor.

DrinksRoadWhat your favorite drink says about your politics.

RoadBethenny Frankel frolicking in the surf with a slab of beef.

RoadWhere does the LGBT movement go from here: The Washington Blade's Chris Johnson has a forecast for 2014.

RoadAre these the musical stars who will break through in 2014? The Guardian's music writers think so.

RoadBoy Culture interviews Sean Strub about his new book Body Counts: A Memoir of Politics, Sex, AIDS, and Survival: "I find young gay men interested in the history but sometimes having an overly simplistic or romanticized view of AIDS activism.  It wasn't all fun street theater, acting out and yelling in the streets.  We were and are not all selfless heroes who 'changed the world' and now have become resilient survivors, etc.—it is far more nuanced and human.  That's part of what I hope I've conveyed."

RoadShirtless Eric Bana is always a good pick-me-up.

Versace_gagaRoadGaga for Versace.

RoadThe Daily Mail looks into Zachary Quinto's dating past and finds Modern Family's Jesse Tyler Ferguson, stylist Johnny Wujek, and model Colton Haynes.

RoadIn application for stay to SCOTUS Justice Sonia Sotomayor, new Utah AG Sean Reyes claimed that the debunked gay parenting study by Mark Regnerus "uses rigorous methodologies".

RoadAustralia to deport gay Pakistani man after denial of partnership visa: "We applied for a partnership visa to try and keep me here, and keep us together," he said. "For us, for whatever reason, it took about two years, and then even after all that time, it came back as a no."

RoadBeyoncé under fire for posing in front of The Last Supper.

RoadSinger Ani DiFranco offers second apology for gig at Plantation: "i would like to say i am sincerely sorry. it is obvious to me now that you were right..."

EstherRoadGay couple adopts micro pig that turns out to be not so micro.

RoadChris Pine on working with Lindsay Lohan: “It was a real cyclone of insanity, like being around The Beatles. It was fascinating to watch, and in hindsight it’s really a distinct moment in someone’s life when you see what’s really wonderful about what we get to do and what’s really dangerous about it.”

RoadVillage People singer refuses to perform "YMCA" as protest at Sochi Games, continues to deny that the song is about gays: “If they want to use the song that way, go right ahead, but I think it's silly because the lyrics were written by me as an expression of urban youths having fun at the YMCA. The words were crafted by me to be taken any number of ways but not specific to gays. It's much broader than that. The song is universal. I don't mind that gays think the song is about them but I won't perform the song in support of any protest."

Comments

1. please, I beg you, enough Caca already. ARTFLOP was D.O.A.

Posted by: don't a tell la | Jan 3, 2014 3:24:38 PM

2. YMCA was totally a gay song! Who is he kidding? Not the gays!

Posted by: michaelr | Jan 3, 2014 3:39:39 PM

3. I'm surprised about the Daily Mail article, they write as a matter of fact some things htat are far from being contrasted.
    They say that Quinto dated Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Colton Haynes.
    We know that Zachary and Jesse are friends, but the fact that both are gay doesn't mean they ever dated, and about Colton, what surprise me is not the fact that they linked both actors (it was rumoured that they were dating back them) but the fact that they have no problem in out Colton, wich as far as i know is not out at all (even when he is always with the gayer bunch of actors around Hollywood)

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 3, 2014 3:54:30 PM

4. What else did guys who looked like the Village People in the 70s do at the YMCA? Play bingo?

Posted by: wwolffus | Jan 3, 2014 4:05:44 PM

5. From the silly Daily Mail article:

"He's been reportedly romancing Miles McMillan, 23, since this summer. But on Monday Zachary Quinto, 36....

"In fact the duo - who have 13 years between them - looked to be in a very serious conversation....

"At 36, the Star Trek actor is 13 years older than the hunky model....

I suppose the Daily Mail is aware that most of its readers would have a hard time subtracting 23 from 36. Nice to see them make it easy on their subscribers.

Posted by: bcarter3 | Jan 3, 2014 4:21:24 PM

6. I wish I could have the same luck as Zachary Quinto. Colton Haynes, Jonathan Groff, and now Miles McMillan? My goodness. It does not get any better than that.

Posted by: Paul_S | Jan 3, 2014 4:48:06 PM

7. Has anyone heard anything about the gay Pakistani man in Australia? I'm hoping there'll be some information about him on Towleroad.

Posted by: Steve | Jan 3, 2014 5:05:15 PM

8. the village people should get down on their knees every day to "thank" the gay community for their careers, swimming pools and relevance.

Posted by: terry | Jan 3, 2014 5:22:27 PM

9. When you're short on your dough, there's a place you can go. You can hang out with all the boys.
    You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal, you can do whatever you feel.

That pretty much sums up the whole song. Nothing in the song suggests the young men in the lyrics are gay, straight or bi. It wouldn't make much sense to use it as a "protest song" when even the homophobic Putin regime has no objection to young Christian men going somewhere inexpensive to hang out, get cleaned up and eat.

Macklemore's "Same Love:". That's a good protest song!

Posted by: GregV | Jan 3, 2014 6:57:25 PM

10. YMCA is a favorite song for weddings, but I doubt it will get much play at gay weddings.

Posted by: anon | Jan 3, 2014 7:02:12 PM

11. These boys and their pig are just too cute!

Posted by: litper | Jan 3, 2014 7:16:04 PM

12. LOL! What's the point of coming out as a gay man if you're just going to date somebody who looks like a 15-year-old girl anyway?

Posted by: Skeptical Cicada | Jan 3, 2014 7:47:08 PM

13. Is Quinto bi? Because no gay man would date a trans woman!

Posted by: litper | Jan 3, 2014 9:43:54 PM

14. Is the guy from the YMCA serious?

Gee, lemme see. You have five extremely gay guys singing about hanging out with the boys and having a good time at the YMCA. What's next? Having them come out with a song about dropping to your knees in a bathhouse and then trying to infer they were singing about soapsuds? As far as I know the YMCA was the bathhouse back then.

Posted by: Michael | Jan 4, 2014 12:00:51 AM

15. At least the people of Sochi will be spared having to listen to that inane song, by a member of the original gay stereotypical group, the Village People.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 4, 2014 12:51:02 AM

16. "Don't A Tell LA(?)":

Shut up. You're not the alpha and omega discerner of all things tasteful. In fact, given your use of the word "caca", I'd say you are the opposite.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jan 5, 2014 2:08:00 PM