Russia | Scott Thompson | Sochi Olympics | Speedskating | Stephen Colbert

Colbert's Sochi Reporter Buddy Cole Grooms the U.S. Speedskating Team to Be Less Gay: VIDEO

Cole

The Colbert Report's Sochi correspondent Buddy Cole (Scott Thompson), who interviewed U.S. Ambassador Daniel Baer Monday night, headed to Salt Lake City to groom the U.S. men's speedskating team and school them on how to not get arrested under Russia's anti-gay propaganda law.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Speedskating

The Colbert Report
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Video Archive

Comments

1. That was hilarious. J.R. Celski was the most adorable of the skaters - you can tell he has a fantastic sense of humor.

Posted by: Håkon | Feb 12, 2014 9:55:40 PM

2. Heterosexuality achieved!
    The skaters were such good fun in this.

Posted by: BOOM! | Feb 12, 2014 9:59:55 PM

3. Buddy Cole is a hero.

Posted by: Markt | Feb 12, 2014 10:08:36 PM

4. My god I LOVE Buddy Cole! I remember a long time ago, i was at the Chinese Theatre on a date. We saw "Johnny Mnemonic." The movie really sucked. But after the movie while my date used the restroom, I saw Scott Thompson in the lobby. I really wanted to say hello, and tell him how much I enjoyed his work, but I generally don't like to bother anyone. It was late, and he looked a little tired. But while these thoughts ran through my head, a young guy walked up to him and told him how much he looked up to him, and how his "Buddy" character helped him to come out to his friends. Scott was so gracious and sweet, giving the guy a hug. If he was tired, it no longer showed...and they were still talking when my date reappeared and we walked off. It left an impression on me- such a wonderful moment that was actually better than meeting him!

Posted by: Dave | Feb 12, 2014 10:24:32 PM

5. This was a lot of fun to watch. Kudos to the U.S. Olympic Speed Skating Team. They played along with the bit and were good sports.

Posted by: andrew | Feb 12, 2014 10:44:46 PM

6. LOVE Buddy. Can't wait for the next KITH project (I was pleasantly surprised by Death Comes to Town. They've never lost it.) And the guy on the right is a hottie. He seemed to be the most "game" to play along. He seemed to be in on the joke (with one or two exceptions. He didn't seem to like Buddy confusing his Hispanic last name.)

Posted by: macguffin54 | Feb 12, 2014 11:32:38 PM

7. LOVE LOVE LOVE... I haven't laughed so hard since... well the last Buddy Sport Report :D

Posted by: Joseph L. | Feb 12, 2014 11:38:44 PM

8. Although I didn't like Buddy back in the day, I think he's great now.

And that team looks great in Dockers. Should have gone with skinny jeans. Nobody looks good in skinny jeans.

Posted by: Randy | Feb 13, 2014 12:01:06 AM

9. That was hilarious! And the Alvarez guy was a cutie and so serious. Haha.

I'll have to look up more Buddy Cole clips.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Feb 13, 2014 12:11:06 AM

10. The cute guy definitely looked the gayest in the final group shot of high fives!

I've met Scott before, and he was indeed quite sweet and polite.

Posted by: Paul R | Feb 13, 2014 12:55:56 AM

11. Our Olympic Speed Skating Team should get a special medal for their graciousness & good sense of humor. They went along with the skit, even though quite frankly, I would have been a little embarrassed to go along with some of Buddy's antics.

You could see they are secure enough in their own sexuality that quips & innuendo didn't bother them at all. I'm sure their focus these days rests squarely on the competition.

Now I finally have a good reason to watch the Sochi Olympics & cheer for our teams, especially our skaters.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Feb 13, 2014 5:16:07 AM

12. Randy, I'm pretty certain speed skaters CAN'T wear skinny jeans, though it would have been fun watching them try to put them on.

Posted by: BobN | Feb 13, 2014 8:43:46 AM

13. Hilarious- and they were great sports about it.

Posted by: Rob | Feb 13, 2014 8:56:52 AM

14. "The Sashay Olympics" Bwaahahhhaaaa.

Posted by: ernest1960 | Feb 13, 2014 9:46:10 AM