Canada | Gay Pride | News | Rob Ford | Russia | Sochi Olympics | Toronto

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and His Brother are Offended People Think They're Homophobic: VIDEO

Nation_ford

On the second edition of FORD NATION, the online talk show of City Councillor Doug Ford and his brother, crack-smoking Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, the mayor discusses the recent controversy in which he tried to have the Gay Pride flag taken down from City Hall.

The flag was raised next to the Canadian flag in support of LGBT Russians during the Sochi games, as it was at many offices across Canada.

Ford takes offense to a letter from a woman accusing him of being anti-gay:

"I am not homophobic. I'll go to anyone's house, anyone's place to help them out. I take offense when people say that to me. This is Canada. Our Canadian flag should be up there, not the Pride flag."

Doug Ford adds:

"You know how many gay friends we have? People that have worked on our campaign? You may want to try to bully us into things...I think it's good for tourism. But don't try to put a gun to anyone's head that disagrees with you. It doesn't mean that they hate gays....It's just a bunch of bullying, a bunch of bullies coming after you. The gay community feels like they've been bullied and rightfully so because a lot of times they have, Rob. But don't come back and try to bully the people that don't show up and call them homophobic."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How have homophobes not yet realized "I have a gay friend" immediately lets everyone know they're homophobic? Get a new calling card already

Posted by: Jmac | Feb 18, 2014 6:15:28 PM

2. Amazing dude put the crack pipe down long enough to even notice what flag was flying. Amazing how someone who is a notorious drug addict and whoremonger has the audacity to infer any kind of morality on anyone.

Posted by: crazycorgi | Feb 18, 2014 6:15:56 PM

3. "Pride ffff....."
    Almost said it.

Posted by: David | Feb 18, 2014 6:17:55 PM

4. Two homophobic kooks.

Posted by: ppp | Feb 18, 2014 6:27:23 PM

5. Toronto is my city but I didn't vote for either one of The Ford Twins. "We can't be homophobic. We have gay friends" they say.
    "Don't be intolerant of our intolerance" they cry. "STFU and go away already" we demand!

Posted by: Gigi | Feb 18, 2014 6:30:49 PM

6. I just listened to a bit of the video. A bit was all that I could stomach. FYI Ford, I have a sexual orientation, it's not a "preference." A preference is what you have for crack cocaine.

Posted by: Gigi | Feb 18, 2014 6:39:50 PM

7. Not sure I'd really want either of these clowns on my side, to be honest.

Posted by: David | Feb 18, 2014 7:08:50 PM

8. Run a flag up with a "big mac" on it and they'll be humping the pole.

Posted by: Paul B. | Feb 18, 2014 7:25:38 PM

9. Run a flag up with a "big mac" on it and they'll be humping the pole.

Posted by: Paul B. | Feb 18, 2014 7:25:38 PM

10. Ahh yes this is the spectacularly neat Orwellian trick Panti taught us about; apparently it's not gays that are the victims of homophobia, but homophobes are the victims of homophobia!

I'm not sorry, with all due disrespect to the Fords, heterosexuals do NOT have the right to tell gays what they are allowed to feel oppressed by, and heterosexuals do NOT have the right to be the ones who define homophobia and identify homophobes.

Posted by: Nicatinoid | Feb 18, 2014 7:36:26 PM

11. Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber.

Posted by: MrRoboto | Feb 18, 2014 7:47:23 PM

12. They're nothing but a couple of inbred louts.

Posted by: Gil | Feb 18, 2014 8:02:05 PM

13. Make it stop!

Posted by: Knock | Feb 18, 2014 8:30:22 PM

14. The pride flag wasn't raised as a substitute for the canadian flag...there, different flags are raised as cultural appreciation. The Pride flag isn't just for gay people anymore BTW. I'm in high school and a lot of my straight friends think the rainbow flag speaks to them, so they have no problem wearing it or admiring it. I'm tired of OLD bloats pretending that they speak for the future-they don't !! I KNOW THIS!

Posted by: ggrr | Feb 18, 2014 8:35:50 PM

15. "But don't try to put a gun to anyone's head that disagrees with you."

Wait... someone has done this?

Posted by: Randy | Feb 18, 2014 8:49:30 PM

16. I have better things to do than worry about whether a crack-addicted Chris Farley impersonator is a homophobic @$$hole.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Feb 18, 2014 8:59:06 PM

17. Except the Canadian flag is permanently on display at Toronto City Hall... there are SEVERAL flag poles and the one with the pride flag on it never has a Canadian flag on it... it's reserved for special occasion purposes only.... which either he is too stupid not to know, or of course he knows and hopes his followers will believe his lame-brained excuse. This has nothing to do with patriotism, and everything to do with homophobia. The Frauds are complete neanderthals.

Posted by: graphicjack | Feb 18, 2014 9:44:36 PM

18. What's up with all these homophobic white people? I thought white people were enlightened beings.

Posted by: Craig | Feb 18, 2014 11:11:00 PM

19. The rest of Canada regard these two butt heads as PHOBIC NATION....We are beyond tired with these two.......

Posted by: Darrell | Feb 19, 2014 3:39:37 AM

20. Oh Canada!

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 19, 2014 8:04:00 AM

21. I have a Chinese friend.

I have a Black friend.

I have a Lesbian friend.

I have a Mexican friend.

I have a fat friend.

I have a bulimic friend.

I have a handicapped friend.

Seriously, whenever someone spouts something horrible about a specific group, they automatically say they have a friend from that same group as if that gives them a pass to be a bigot.

I get so tired of humans on some days.

Posted by: johnny | Feb 19, 2014 8:22:17 AM

22. Big George, I think it's hog boilin' time.

Posted by: FFS | Feb 19, 2014 3:39:22 PM

23. Like when he said he's not a racist because he works with kids he referred to as "f***ing minorities", right?

Oh Mayor Fraud, your continued dismissal of your anti-gay attitudes is tired and worn out. Like your pants.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Feb 19, 2014 3:53:16 PM