Hugh Jackman | Neil Patrick Harris | News | Theatre | Tony Awards

Hugh Jackman to Host Tony Awards: VIDEO

Jackman

Yesterday afternoon, Hugh Jackman announced that he would be announcing the Tony Awards on June 8 at Radio City Music Hall.

Last year's host, Neil Patrick Harris, who is busy preparing for the leading role in the revival of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, took the news in stride, despite some taunting from Jackman.

Tweeted NPH: "I'm so proud of @RealHughJackman for hosting this year's Tony Awards and for calling me an hour ago to say, 'Suck it!'"

Watch Jackman's video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Harris_jackman

Comments

1. Uh oh he's gonna have to clarify his sexuality again.. he didn't mean suck it like he sucks it, and yes he was talking to a gay person but he isn't gay, he has a wife and he's straight with her..

Posted by: NE1 | Feb 12, 2014 8:01:53 AM

2. I don't care if he's gay or straight. I know I'm not in his contact list, but that doesn't stop my daydreams of what I would like to do to him.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Feb 12, 2014 8:37:12 AM

3. NPH should be coronated as "Tony Awards Host for Life"

His gay sensiblity plus his talent in song & dance is a perfect fit for that program.

Not to say Hugh Jackman doesn't have considerable talent in those areas too, but the chemistry NPH brings to the stage makes it sparkle every time.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Feb 12, 2014 9:08:51 AM

4. Wish I could tell Jackman to suck it.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 12, 2014 9:10:14 AM

5. Technically Hedwig is not a "revival" as it has never been produced for the Broadway stage and therefore cannot be nominated for the Best Revival Category.

Still not seeing NPH in the role, but hope he pulls it off.

Posted by: Qj201 | Feb 12, 2014 9:30:37 AM

6. So, I like posted a comment, and it's not here. Are these now being "reviewed"? like bad Hugh Jackman films?

I will paraphrase: @JonnyNYNY2FLFL (are you Swedish?): totally agree. And I cannot listen to Jackman sing, his vibrato is like Tarzan's yell, could not watch Les Miserables (yadda yadda) only the best 5 minutes with Ms. Hathaway.

Addition: NPH can sort of do anything, want to see more, best wishes for Hedwig, yadda… yadda…

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Feb 12, 2014 4:03:58 PM