Arizona | Jan Brewer | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mitt Romney to Jan Brewer: Veto Arizona's Anti-Gay Bill

Vvs_romney

Mitt Romney weighed in this afternoon on Arizona's SB 1062, the bill that would allow businesses to discriminate against gays based on religious beliefs.

Tweeted Romney: ".@GovBrewer: veto of #SB1062 is right."

Comments

1. Looks like they are going to try to run him again....

Posted by: David | Feb 25, 2014 7:25:22 PM

2. Well, I guess that's worth 1/3,000th of an apology to that poor gay boy he tormented so viciously in high school. Screw you, Mittens.

Posted by: Håkon | Feb 25, 2014 7:25:30 PM

3. oh now we like Mitt Romney??? ugh this site is a mess. Towleroad makes haters, bigots, racists famous by giving them importance.

Posted by: Bosie | Feb 25, 2014 7:30:33 PM

4. @BOSIE -- The only hater here is you. They reported what Romney said. That's it.

Posted by: Gigi | Feb 25, 2014 7:32:48 PM

5. Stopped clock.

Mitt conveniently "forgot" what he may have done to the gender nonconforming boy at Cranbrook School.

I suspect, also, that the color of Mitt's hair, slong with that of his wife, ain't natural.

Posted by: please | Feb 25, 2014 7:49:50 PM

6. Hmmmm...Who's that guy? looks vaguely like a former 1980's anchorman....

Posted by: Mark Twain | Feb 25, 2014 7:50:06 PM

7. Like Mitt Romney? How so, Bosie? Since when is reporting something someone says (or tweets) an endorsement? He's still anti-gay. He just happens to be right on this bill (looking at it from a business perspective, no doubt) and that is worth noting. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by: Ernie | Feb 25, 2014 7:51:54 PM

8. is this guy trying to run for something???

Posted by: Derek | Feb 25, 2014 7:54:21 PM

9. Can we just ignore him?

Posted by: ppp | Feb 25, 2014 8:05:20 PM

10. look. i'm relevant. please pay attention to me.

Posted by: woody | Feb 25, 2014 8:07:42 PM

11. Why shouldn't he run? Hillary can mop the floor just as easily with him as with the rest of the halfwit neandertals on the GOP bench.

Posted by: melvin | Feb 25, 2014 8:09:22 PM

12. Don't forget, many religions hate each other as much as they hate heathens.

Morons are despised more than most, you know, because of all that other stuff they added to the "one true Bible".

They are vulnerable to SB1062 too.

Doesn't feel so good when the shoe is on the other foot, does it Mitt?

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Feb 25, 2014 8:24:10 PM

13. See "Awareness activism" is just polished hypocrisy after all...

Posted by: styler | Feb 25, 2014 8:32:01 PM

14. He demeans the pixels on my screen. No day in this decade was more satisfying than that in which this turd lost to Obama.

Posted by: Sergio | Feb 25, 2014 8:32:18 PM

15. Yes he wants to be relevant. What he did @Cranbrook was hateful and a longtime ago. Are his motives pure as we would like? Hell No! Someone on the right has to save the GOP from the crazie radicals invading their Country Club. On this we can find common ground/grass. We need a dialogue.

Posted by: Chicago | Feb 25, 2014 8:33:58 PM

16. Oops!

I see in my above post I mistakenly typed "Morons" instead of "Mormons".

I swear to God (whom I doubt actually exists) that I wasn't trying to be cute. However, it could definitely be chalked up as a Freudian Slip, or maybe, the devil made me do it.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Feb 25, 2014 8:51:23 PM

17. JOHNNY - you just can't help being cute. Neither can Romney - who really is a handsome man. That and his pro-gay (that's what it is) stand now in AZ, plus being a Mormon, which at least puts him near the ballpark on multiple marriages, means I'm offering my hand in marriage, if he'll have me. But will he be more obedient to me than to the Church Authorities, that's the question?

Posted by: UFFDA | Feb 25, 2014 9:04:17 PM

18. @uffda. Damn that's good. Come sit by me please.

Posted by: Chicago | Feb 25, 2014 9:22:01 PM

19. Did I miss something? When did Mitt Romney's opinion become relevant?

Posted by: ny2.0 | Feb 25, 2014 9:40:44 PM

20. @ JonnyNYNY2FLFL I had to re-read it and realized you meant Mormons and took it as a Freudian slip. I laughed. Mormons are cow dung to me after they funneled over 8 million dollars into California in support of Prop 8. I'll never forgive them for that.

Posted by: Cary Chauvet | Feb 25, 2014 9:42:33 PM

21. This is a power play from the GOP establishment. Sometimes they have to relax their opposition to doing the right thing in order to keep the far-right crazies from sinking the boat. Mittens is the pin sent to pop the tea baggers' balloon.

If the camera panned down, I'd bet you could still see Reince Priebus' spittle on Thurston Howell's expensive, Italian shoes.

Posted by: FFS | Feb 25, 2014 9:48:43 PM

22. UFFDA:
    You have to ask Ann Romney first. Or you two can arrange for some dynasty-like catfight.

Posted by: simon | Feb 26, 2014 1:31:33 AM

23. All the political 'has-beens' are out today.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Feb 26, 2014 3:00:30 AM

24. The GOP ought to run him with Sarah Palin. Both are known losers who appear to be carved out of cream cheese. The rest of their possibilities keep imploding. Excitement is building.

Posted by: deke | Feb 26, 2014 6:24:24 AM

25. When is this artifact going to go into that "good night"

Posted by: robertL | Feb 26, 2014 8:15:30 AM