Boy George | News | Piers Morgan

BigGayDeal.com

Boy George Talks to Piers Morgan About 'Coming Out': VIDEO

Boygeorge

Boy George appeared on Piers Morgan's CNN show earlier this week and was asked about coming out in light of Michael Sam's announcement earlier this week.

Said George: "One of the things about coming out publicly is that people always encourage you to do it and then when you do it they say 'all you talk about is being gay' so you can't win."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He looks like Don Quixote.

Posted by: Jack M | Feb 12, 2014 9:53:33 AM

2. Uh oh George, now you've done it. "Only come out if it makes you happy". Cue the outrage in 3...2...1....

Posted by: Henry Holland | Feb 12, 2014 10:19:51 AM

3. Still dressing like a clown.

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 12, 2014 10:28:33 AM

4. Is that really Boy George or is it actually Johnny Depp in one of his bizarre movie costumes?

Posted by: David From Canada | Feb 12, 2014 10:29:52 AM

5. Boy George is still fun to watch - and I have to say I have always liked his music. Thanks for posting the video

Posted by: misterhollywood | Feb 12, 2014 10:56:14 AM

6. Boy George is awesome

Posted by: Truthiness | Feb 12, 2014 11:46:33 AM

7. BG is wonderful and ever sexy in the beard. Piers Morgan is a dweeb poophead who shouldn't even be on a local TV station.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Feb 12, 2014 12:38:30 PM

8. It's true, and when you do come out, you get dissed by other GLBT's.

Not really much incentive.

Posted by: Just Sayin' | Feb 12, 2014 12:41:34 PM

9. @Just Sayin': very good point.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Feb 12, 2014 3:56:09 PM

10. I love the new look on Boy George - but isn't it a little early for Thanksgiving, pilgrim?

Posted by: Bianca Withrow | Feb 12, 2014 4:02:26 PM

11. I love Boy George...have since the 1980s.

But I was getting ready to make one of my attempts at humour (which don't always work, I know. But I'm better at it than Rick).

I was gonna' say, what would Boy George have come out of? Not the closet, honey. Like me, he couldn't have gotten into one.

Then I realized that George may not have always had feminine ways, and probably not flamboyant as a child. So, maybe his family didn't know.

And even if you are a gender role non-conforming child, and by teenage years you assume that everyone knows that you are Gay or Transgender--it's not the same thing as "coming out" or making an announcement to family.

I always assumed everyone knew I was Gay. Hell, folks would see me from half a city block away and say, "look at that faggot."

I've never had a formal coming out discussion with my family or classmates or co-workers. I just knew they knew, and they do. They surely know when I talk about these cute college boys (yes, I know I'm risking my job...well, they are cute!)

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Feb 12, 2014 4:20:37 PM

12. Boy George (born George O'Dowd)....Piers Morgan (born Piers O'Meara) ......John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, David Bowie.....what is it with all these "British" stars being of Irish descent?

Posted by: Roland | Feb 12, 2014 8:39:15 PM

13. Thanks for posting the video. Love me some Boy George!

Posted by: Chickletts | Feb 13, 2014 8:02:44 AM

14. I agree with his opinion that coming out is a personal choice. But I don't like that look with the hat and the beard. He doesn't look feminine; he looks like a rabbi.

Posted by: Johnny | Feb 13, 2014 11:09:12 AM