Elaine Stritch | Hoda Kotb | Kathie Lee Gifford | News

Elaine Stritch Drops Hilarious F-Bomb on 'Today' with Hoda and Kathie Lee: VIDEO

Stritch

Broadway legend Elaine Stritch appeared on the Today show with Hoda and Kathie Lee this morning and dropped a hilarious F-bomb immediately after Kathie Lee complimented her for not mincing her words.

Said Kathie Lee: "Elaine you are so beloved, but as much for your work, of course, but for your mouth. You say whatever you want to say."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. hard to believe she's in Birmingham Mich.

Posted by: Cd in DC | Feb 18, 2014 1:17:04 PM

2. If I hadn't just read it, I wouldn't have believed it either.

Posted by: Edd | Feb 18, 2014 1:29:47 PM

3. Still waiting for the day when "F-bombs" aren't policed, and are treated like the normal speech they are.

Posted by: Randy | Feb 18, 2014 1:30:37 PM

4. Where are One Million Moms?

Posted by: mike | Feb 18, 2014 1:32:45 PM

5. This is indeed a great lady. I wish she didn't have to be in a wheel chair. She should strut the stage spewing whatever until she falls down to Glory. What fun she is.

Posted by: NOT | Feb 18, 2014 1:36:26 PM

6. Nothing more charming than a foul-mouthed woman, is there?

Just one more small indicator of the kind of trash-heap American culture has become.

Posted by: Rick | Feb 18, 2014 1:45:26 PM

7. The f-bomb is one of the oldest words in the English language. It will probably never leave the language. Network TV brings more attention to it when they censor it that if they just left it alone.

It reminds me of the librarian at my high school. She blacked out all "damns" from books. Of course it only made readers more aware of them.

Posted by: Voet | Feb 18, 2014 1:46:22 PM

8. Why is that obnoxious Cathie Lee person working? To what demographic does she appeal?

Posted by: EEEEeewww | Feb 18, 2014 2:04:48 PM

9. Love he! She's a fu* *ing national treasure. They don't make 'em like this anymore!

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Feb 18, 2014 2:05:30 PM

10. *her

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Feb 18, 2014 2:05:56 PM

11. Rick, if you hate women, free speech, LGBT people and profanity so much, why don't you move to Saudi Arabia or Russia. I'm sure they'll welcome your crazy self-loathing with open arms. And since this site will likely be blocked in those places, we won't have to worry about you spewing your bigotry and misogyny on this blog. It's truly a win-win.

Posted by: Tyler | Feb 18, 2014 2:11:01 PM

12. she is a treasure!

Posted by: reality | Feb 18, 2014 6:21:20 PM

13. Rick must be a laugh-riot at parties.

Posted by: StritchIsAGoddess | Feb 18, 2014 8:35:56 PM

14. Sometimes a well placed F*CK YOU is the best medicine, saves time and headaches, it has no replacement

Posted by: MArk | Feb 18, 2014 9:32:02 PM

15. A legend. I gush over few stars, she is one of them. A trailer for the new documentary about her can be found here:

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Feb 18, 2014 9:42:46 PM

16. The last time I laughed so hard that I embarrassed myself was seeing her in At Liberty. I could not stop, and trying to control myself made it worse; I was crying. It was great.

She's a treasure. Watch At Liberty; it's amazing.

Posted by: Tatts | Feb 18, 2014 10:39:04 PM

17. Outspoken people are loved and hated. Reputations for such are hard to maintain.

Posted by: Blake | Feb 19, 2014 12:16:07 AM

18. good for Elaine! and bad for the show hosts for their reaction

Posted by: lg | Feb 19, 2014 4:15:46 AM

19. She's delightful. However, most of "Broadway" is tiresome and formulaic.

Posted by: enchantra | Feb 19, 2014 11:38:22 AM