Olympics | Sochi Olympics | Sports

The Olympic Games Have Always Been a Little Gay: VIDEO

Luge

Conan O'Brien isn't the only one who sees the gay aspect of Olympic sports, Check out this spot from The Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion.

Says Michael Bach, Founder and CEO of the CIDI: "The discrimination in Russia is unacceptable. As an organization, we want to show our support, especially for the athletes competing at the Olympics in Sochi."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Cute

Posted by: Alan | Feb 5, 2014 3:46:02 PM

2. The American team cut a few minority athletes because their wins would generate less endorsement revenue....the Real scandal of the games..as always..

Posted by: Ankerich | Feb 5, 2014 4:15:36 PM

3. The Luge was invented by some clever gay dude in 1870's

Posted by: jarago | Feb 5, 2014 4:16:32 PM

4. Sorry but in general I abhor the intellectual sloppiness of conflating anything that men do together as being a little gay. It just makes us look like...tween girls or something. Would someone show a scene from a war movie of a man carrying another man, then cut to an intertitle saying: "war - it's always been a little gay"? However given the circumstances, I could almost give this a pass if it had been a bit more clever, but it wasn't.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Feb 5, 2014 6:14:18 PM

5. Ankerich, spare us your BS drivel...complete BS.

Posted by: a | Feb 5, 2014 7:02:06 PM

6. I had the same thoughts as Echtkultig. Thank you for expressing them so well.

Posted by: Dave | Feb 5, 2014 8:13:12 PM

7. I LOVED it! I started laughing right away! MORE commercials like this!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Feb 5, 2014 10:12:09 PM

8. Echtkultig:

The images went right over my head the first time I watched this; I didn't imagine the luge was chosen specifically other than that it was an image connected to the Olympics,
    Once I read your comment, I see your point.
    Images like two guys riding a sled (or tandem skydiving or riding in the same car or eating dinner) should not be twisted into a "gay" thing (unless those two guys happen to be in love).

Posted by: GregV | Feb 6, 2014 12:38:06 AM

9. What difference if we joke about two guys on a sled as being a little gay? Truly, what difference does it make? Are we so far out of bounds with this, worried we might hurt some nervous straight guy's feelings? Honestly, it's just a fun observation: two guys in skin-tight clothing pumping up for a race down a long, twisty hill together nut-to-butt, as it were, the whole way sure does look a little gay. It's funny. I'm astounded at the lack of a sense of humor by some here on this. Sheeez.

Posted by: NealB | Feb 6, 2014 8:33:39 AM