News | Tom Daley

Tom Daley is The New Face Of Adidas Street-wear Brand, NEO: VIDEO

DaleyThe Daily Mail reports that the out and in-love Olympic diver has signed on to be the face of Adidas’ NEO, a line of athletic inspired street wear. Said Daley of becoming the poster boy for the NEO campaign,

“It's great to be working with adidas on their NEO label. It's a fun collection and it's constantly changing. The jumper I wore for the NEO shoot is one of my favourites at the moment. It's a twist on a standard jumper and it's exactly what I like to throw on after training with a pair of jeans.”

Adidas has recently come under criticism for not allowing customers in the UK to use certain LGBT-related words on its customizable training shoes which provide the buyer the option to personalize the shoes with text. While words such as “straight” were reportedly allowed, “gay,” “lesbian,” “bisexual,” “trans,” “homophobia,” and “faggot” were disallowed, according to Pink News.

However, a recent visit to Adidas’ US website did not provide any such difficulties with personalization. At this time it’s not clear whether customization involving the aforementioned words is still disallowed in the UK and whether such words were ever blocked on the US site.

Check out a video of Daley making the announcement about his new partnership,
AFTER THE JUMP…

Comments

1. Sorry tom, I have three words for why I no longer have any interest in what you have to say/promote: Dustin Lance Bass.

Posted by: Tristram | Feb 12, 2014 8:20:53 AM

2. Whoever wrote:

most likely didn't mean that he trains with a pair of jeans. He probably trains with another person, or even by himself for that matter.
    I'll bet you it's what he likes to throw on with a pair of jeans after training. ;-)

Posted by: michael | Feb 12, 2014 8:26:07 AM

3. He's a cutie!

Posted by: Marcus | Feb 12, 2014 8:44:32 AM

4. Really find him adorable and charming.

Posted by: Joneses | Feb 12, 2014 8:44:53 AM

5. Great choice and good luck to him. He's very talented and seems like a nice guy.

Posted by: Brian | Feb 12, 2014 8:45:32 AM

6. Becoming the celebrity spokesperson of a company with a documented, well deserved reputation for using slave labor in its overseas factories. Not exactly what I would hope for in a wanna-be role model.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Feb 12, 2014 9:10:03 AM

7. One fact that's somewhat notable: here's a very publicly out male athlete with an endorsement deal. The effect on endorsements always seems to be discussed when the subject of athletes coming out arises. Good for him, and it's an encouraging sign for those who might follow. (I'm thinking of you, Michael Sam!)

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 12, 2014 9:57:04 AM

8. @Tristram: It's time for you to *get over* yourself. Just because you can't find a boyfriend for yourself you should just leave your feelings for his relationship to Dustin Lance Black for yourself to stew about. No one cares that you don't like Dustin Lance Black.

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Feb 12, 2014 9:59:06 AM

9. He's an adorable little nugget, no question.

Posted by: John | Feb 12, 2014 10:15:56 AM

10. It's all good JOSEPH SINGER; Tristram is apparently fine with Dustin Lance Black. It's Dustin Lance Bass he hates. You know, of the Rankin Basses? Though I I'm not sure what that has to do with Tom Daley.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Feb 12, 2014 10:26:54 AM

11. Congrats to Tom and he's also found a talented, Oscar-winning boyfriend. Not bad!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Feb 12, 2014 11:01:17 AM

12. Honestly TRISTRAM: get over yourself!! Why is it any of your concern who he is dating?

Posted by: BETTY | Feb 12, 2014 1:54:26 PM

13. I'm heartened to hear that he's getting endorsement deals from big name companies.

Posted by: Mike B. | Feb 12, 2014 2:04:35 PM

14. Out gay athlete + major brand endorsement = progress.

Posted by: ZutAlors! | Feb 13, 2014 6:32:53 AM