Discrimination | News | Stephen Colbert | Steve King

Stephen Colbert: Please Send Gay Photos to GOP Rep. Steve King for Independent Verification — VIDEO

Colbert_king

Stephen Colbert is still seething over last week's religious liberty "curb stomp" by "Arizona governor and last person to see Hansel and Gretel alive" Jan Brewer.

Colbert agrees with Rep. Steve King (R-IA) that "self-professed" gays want to be refused service so they can sue people, and that the only way for gays to be protected is to have their gayness "independently verified".

So Colbert suggests that gays send photos and/or videos proving that you are gay to Steve King's office for independent verification.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

The Colbert Report
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Video Archive

Comments

1. Once again, sheer brilliance!

Posted by: Ken | Mar 5, 2014 8:56:25 AM

2. A good way for every gay man in America to finally get rid of those old Falcon Video VHS tapes they have gathering dust in the attic.

Posted by: dommyluc | Mar 5, 2014 9:01:56 AM

3. An appropriate response to an appropriate concern.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Mar 5, 2014 9:04:48 AM

4. Dear Mr. Colbert, I suppor you. I'm sending a pic.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 5, 2014 9:07:21 AM

5. Absolutely fantastic. Although I'm surprised that Colbert didn't pick up on the other obvious fallacy in King's reasoning, i.e. that being religious is itself somehow not "self-professed behavior".

'How do you know someone is really religious? They'd have to tell you; are they then setting up the case, is this about religious grievance, or is this about a service they'd like to withhold on nothing more than personal preference?'

Posted by: H.J. | Mar 5, 2014 9:10:18 AM

6. By king's logic, he should have to prove being straight is an immutable characteristic in order to marry a women.

Posted by: woody | Mar 5, 2014 9:19:31 AM

7. "Arizona governor and last person to see Hansel and Gretel alive" Jan Brewer."

Soooooo funny!

Posted by: kdknyc | Mar 5, 2014 9:21:09 AM

8. Religion is a choice, sexual orientation is not.

Posted by: Steve | Mar 5, 2014 10:02:34 AM

9. The whole point of freedom is that it gives people the right and ability to MAKE CHOICES.

Posted by: Clayton | Mar 5, 2014 10:04:02 AM

10. The pretend monologue is his work at its best. I'm going to pretend to be gay all day and well into the night with my wonderful pretend husband.

Posted by: UFFDA | Mar 5, 2014 12:27:46 PM

11. I myself have independently verified the homosexuality of about 100 men.

Posted by: Arkansassy | Mar 5, 2014 12:42:55 PM

12. I don't usually do this kind of thing but for Colbert I will.

Posted by: bernard | Mar 5, 2014 1:41:38 PM

13. I don't think he would understand what he's looking at. Probably think it's something like a game of Twister gone horribly wrong.

(I still don't think he has two brain cells to rub together ... no spark from that kindling.)

Posted by: SFRowGuy | Mar 5, 2014 1:44:48 PM

14. Good point @ HJ.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Mar 5, 2014 3:54:46 PM

15. I have already "verified" Mr. King is a MORON!

Posted by: Bernie | Mar 5, 2014 7:01:29 PM