Firefighters | France | Lip Dub | News

French Firefighters Reprimanded for Shirtless 'Call Me Maybe' Video: WATCH

Firefighters

A group of French firefighters is being reprimanded by their bosses for soiling the dignity of their professions after posting a shirtless lip-synch video to YouTube as a birthday present to a colleague, The Local reports:

The publicly posted video shows the bare-chested guys in their firefighting gear, but also working out and as well as in the shower,  while they lip synch to Carly Rae Jepsen's ubiquitous 2012 hit 'Call Me Maybe.'

The short clip, which carries the written message "Happy birthday Naninanounax!, This was made on the occasion of a birthday, and was an attempt to make fun of ourselves. It is not meant to be taken seriously."

"We don't necessarily want to put off a funny image of ourselves. It's not in our best interest," an unnamed source from management told France TV. "On top of it, they are at the fire station, using department equipment. It's not appropriate."

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_firefighters

Comments

1. I would think the French would be more offended by them donning American flag bath towels. Nearly all renditions of "Call Me Maybe" are just too cheerful and joyous to hate on - I salute these men.

Posted by: Håkon | Mar 3, 2014 2:54:34 PM

2. Seems to me that some "unnamed source from management" is taking themselves a little too seriously...

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Mar 3, 2014 2:55:14 PM

3. I think I just got my pussy up a tree.

Posted by: parkrunner | Mar 3, 2014 2:57:33 PM

4. I can't think of a better reason of committing an act of self-arson.

Posted by: Bobby McGuire | Mar 3, 2014 2:57:50 PM

5. Goodness...

Does the church know about this?

*faints*

Posted by: Mundus | Mar 3, 2014 2:58:21 PM

6. Weird because in France nudity is such a non-issue...
    M.

Posted by: Michel | Mar 3, 2014 3:01:41 PM

7. I think it is hilarious that they wrapped themselves in American flags.

The French are not big fans of Americans, so
    I am sure they never entertained the idea of wrapping thmselves in the French flag.

Sounds to me like the French fire department take themselves too seriously.

Posted by: Ricco | Mar 3, 2014 3:03:29 PM

8. "We don't necessarily want to put off a funny image of ourselves. It's not in our best interest".

The same country that also thinks Jerry Lewis is a comedy god, so I guess they know funny. Whatever. Just another middle manager with nothing better to do I guess.

Posted by: BETTY | Mar 3, 2014 3:09:17 PM

9. I think it was more because "Call me, maybe" is SO 2012.

Posted by: Rad | Mar 3, 2014 3:09:24 PM

10. ALL of Europe is becoming like the United States. It's not a good thing......

Posted by: Jimbo | Mar 3, 2014 3:18:04 PM

11. i wonder how many of them supported la manif pour tous?

Posted by: ascanius1 | Mar 3, 2014 3:20:30 PM

12. omg what a collection of butterfaces

Posted by: JMC | Mar 3, 2014 3:37:37 PM

13. Just surprised to see so many French guys bathing...

Posted by: Mike in Houston | Mar 3, 2014 3:39:17 PM

14. I'm pretty sure they're lampooning Americans, and the flags are part of that. But it was adorable, ;-) and I say that as an American.

Posted by: JJ | Mar 3, 2014 4:02:16 PM

15. a big bunch of those guys look like putin.
    i find that off-puting

Posted by: verbocityEric | Mar 3, 2014 4:18:53 PM

16. It is odd. Carly Rae Jepsen is not even an American.

Posted by: simon | Mar 3, 2014 4:18:59 PM

17. As tempted as I am to use my fire uniform for "sexy online profile pictures", I've refrained for the same reason. :(

Posted by: zeddy | Mar 3, 2014 4:20:58 PM

18. This is good, but the Swedish marines who did Greased Lightning have nothing to worry about.

Posted by: Jeff R | Mar 3, 2014 4:28:29 PM

19. ZEDDY: I guess that makes sense until I saw the "firefighers calendars" put out by many forces across North America.

Posted by: BETTY | Mar 3, 2014 4:29:10 PM

20. Ah, les pompiers francais!

I thought that was very appropriate myself, for fun.

Except, what was the one 'mec' in the Union Jack underwear about? Does that mean the French have a more intimate relationship with the British than the Americans, whose flag was merely loosely draped around the midriff and hindquarters?

More intriguingly, if that was filmed at the fire station as management complained about, does that mean they have their own swimming pool?

The mind boggles!

Posted by: edude | Mar 3, 2014 4:33:09 PM

21. i think they should be reprimanded for doin it 2 years too late...

Posted by: kian | Mar 3, 2014 4:33:52 PM

22. When did the French become such uptight, tight assed prats? When did the French become Americans?

Posted by: TampaZeke | Mar 3, 2014 4:49:44 PM

23. They just happened to have several American flags in the firehouse to use?

Posted by: sparkked | Mar 3, 2014 4:57:43 PM

24. that was cute.
    i've never met with any anti-american feelings in france and i've been there quite a few times.
    it always seemed that french people like you if you appreciate their culture.
    so if you love the food and gardens and outdoor markets and architecture, french people are definitely more than ok with americans.

Posted by: woody | Mar 3, 2014 5:21:01 PM

25. This was all in fun, but I think the reprimand was deserved. You should only indulge in this kind of humor on camera if you're in your own home. Definitely not at your workplace! Hopefully, the reprimand will be the end of it and nobody gets fired.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Mar 3, 2014 5:33:17 PM