Madonna Shows Off Hairy Armpit on Instagram: ‘Long Hair…Don’t Care’

Pit_madonna

Madonna posted an armpit on Instagram and a message to remind us that she doesn't give an F.

E! also reminds us of this 2011 interview:

"Going to high school, I saw how popular girls had to behave to get the boys. I knew I couldn't fit into that. So I decided to do the opposite," she told Harper's Bazaar in December 2011. "I refused to wear makeup, to have a hairstyle. I refused to shave. I had hairy armpits."

"The boys in my school would make fun of me," Madonna said of being "tortured" in school. "'Hairy monster.' You know, things like that." It wasn't until her late teenage years, when she began hanging out at gay clubs, that the pop star found her identity. "Straight men did not find me attractive. I think they were scared of me because I was different. I've always asked, 'Why? Why do I have to do that? Why do I have to look this way? Why do I have to dress this way? Why do I have to behave this way?'"

Of course, some of Madonna's Instagram followers are behaving the same way.

Comments

1. radtastic says

I love her for this. Too bad some half evolved halfwits will miss every one of her points. I love rebels and I love Madonna.

2. greg says

I ‘get’ the point she’s trying to make. But at this stage of her career it just comes across as exhausting.

3. johnny says

Oh my.

I guess if you want to look like an middle-aged, Euro-trash prostitute, go for it, Madge!

That’s really showing some grace and class, now ain’t it?

4. Dan Cobb says

This woman is pathologically SO consumed with being a star… that she will soon implode. In the youth-oriented culture that is “stardom”… every day she ages she will loathe herself even more. And she will care even less. Eventually she will not be able to resist ever more cosmetic surgeries; procedures; potions… and soon enough she’ll look like a crone like Joan Rivers.

I wonder if there is a more vain person in the world than Madonna.

5. crispy says

More interesting in Madonna news is that today is the 25th anniversary of Like a Prayer.

If only she still made music that good.

6. dc20008 says

“Why do I have to look this way?”

Interesting question from a person who has contorted her naturally aging face to “appear” younger in order to look “this way”.

7. kdknyc says

I’m glad someone else noticed the Photoshop. She should have worked a little on her face as well, then.

8. EchtKultig says

I don’t normally mind the vadge

but I’ll never be able to unsee this picture of madge.

9. Mike says

This reminds me of that joke: How can you spot an Italian airplane? It’s got hair under its wings.

10. SpaceCadet says

Yeah, definitely ageist and sexist people on here. You’ll all be old one day too people if you’re not already. And I’m sure your mothers would be so proud that they raised you so well. Madonna is a hero for non-conformity and daring to be different instead of assimilating. Not only that but she’s had a very long successful career and is a multi-millionaire. This “granny” shows no signs of imploding and can keep performing as far as I’m concerned.

11. pierce.mn says

I am so over Madonna. She’s so last century. Lady Gaga is so much more fun, but give me Barbara Cook any time. She’s a classy woman!

12. Cam says

Please put a shirt back on! You aren’t in your 20’s, or even 30’s anymore. The bra and corset are NOT flattering!

13. Cam says

14. Rowan says

Come on guys, it’s photoshopped. Man,being irrelevant is driving her crAZY.

Better late then never I guess! Throw the ‘freaks’ a bone eh? Nothing to lo$e.

15. Mitch says

She’s never been a beacon of non-conformity – although for a while I admit I thought she was. Instead she manufactures outrageousness to grab headlines and self-promote by ruffling conservative feathers. Non-conformity often stands for something. She stands for herself. (BTW, I am not the Mitch that posted above.)