Barack Obama | Ellen DeGeneres | News

Obama Tells Ellen That Her Record-Breaking Oscar Selfie Was a 'Cheap Stunt': VIDEO

Degeneres

President Obama beamed into Ellen for an interview, presumably as part of the Affordable Care Act marketing push as they focus on it at the end of the interview, but they also get a chance to talk about tattoos, minimum wage, going to the Gap, as well as House of Cards and Scandal.

Said Obama: “You know, I watch House of Cards. I haven’t seen Scandal yet, but Michelle has watched Scandal. I have to tell you, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen...You know the truth of the matter is, if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in grey suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn’t make very good television."

Ellen also boasts about breaking his retweet record with her Oscar selfie, which the President calls a "cheap stunt."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I dont care what anyone says - he's one of America's best presidents..in the 21st century!

Posted by: disgusted american | Mar 20, 2014 11:15:04 AM

2. Agree with you completely and maybe even more so. President Barack Obama can certainly be compared and hold his own with the likes of Lincoln who perhaps has been idealized a little too much by some but also with Jefferson who has not been appreciated nearly enough by almost everyone.

As far as the Ellen's selfie at the 2014 Oscars, as she said it even brought twitter down for a time. However I was much more impressed by the time lapse drawing by Heather Rooney that hit You Tube. Now this photographic like artwork is impressive:

Posted by: Mike | Mar 20, 2014 12:18:55 PM

3. Ha! Take that, Ellen! Next, she'll interview Putin and he'll say she craves attention!

Posted by: anon | Mar 20, 2014 12:52:58 PM

4. Mike, you're not too good at gauging sarcasm, apparently...

Posted by: Jason | Mar 20, 2014 1:05:41 PM

5. I say let's stop comparing him to past presidents and let him stand on his own. I do believe he's a great president whose been trying to progress the country. I think in time we are going to look back at the behavior of our congress and senate and see it for what it is... racism. Yeah, he's plugging the crap out of healthcare... but shouldn't he be? I mean, throw the media aside... we all want healthcare.

Posted by: Kurtis Edwards | Mar 20, 2014 1:15:29 PM

6. I fail to see why he's selling at all since every ObamaCare number they've thrown out so far has been complete bulshit. Seven million is your goal, oh just say you got seventeen million!!

Posted by: Mike | Mar 20, 2014 2:28:05 PM

7. IT WAS NO CHEAP STUNT!!

It was a PLUG for SAMSUNG!

Posted by: Charlie | Mar 20, 2014 3:05:52 PM