News | Web Series

The 'Day Drunk Gays' are Back to Dish About Dating Apps: VIDEO

Ddg

The 'Day Drunk Gays', who tackled the time-honored tradition of 'bottomless brunch' over the weekend in their web series debut, have it out in their second episode over dating appsl

And after canvassing the benefits of meeting guys on Grindr, Scruff, Growlr, Jack'd, Stout, Tindr, Adam4Adam, realize there are no apps for gays who are actually worth dating.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. *cringes*

Posted by: skincub | Mar 4, 2014 12:36:51 PM

2. cute and clever~!

Posted by: Joe | Mar 4, 2014 12:43:13 PM

3. Are those all real apps? I've only heard of 2 of them.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 4, 2014 12:50:14 PM

4. Go ahead, pile on the hate. This series is accurate for a certain type of gay man and can be funny. So of course plenty of commenters will despise it. (FYI, I was close to this about 20 years ago, though often with straight people who were amazed how cheaply gays can drink...haven't been to brunch in at least 10 years.)

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 4, 2014 12:51:41 PM

5. wha?

Posted by: reality | Mar 4, 2014 1:12:31 PM

6. @Paul R

Because nothing is better on a Sunday morning than drinking cheap champagne with concentrate orange juice.

I'll skip the day headache from drinking crap liquor TYVM.

Posted by: Steve | Mar 4, 2014 1:14:55 PM

7. Mildly amusing, and it also makes me realize how lucky I am to be married to a great man.

Posted by: Howard B | Mar 4, 2014 1:22:27 PM

8. @Steve

Champagne is a sparkling wine not a liquor. Wines are subjected to the process of fermentation, whereas liquors are distilled from previously fermented beverages.

Posted by: Mark A. | Mar 4, 2014 1:38:26 PM

9. @Paul R

And yet this is probably the very same demo that's been hating on Looking.

Posted by: Gil | Mar 4, 2014 1:42:25 PM

10. I especially got a chuckle from The Abbey comment. :)

Posted by: Marc C | Mar 4, 2014 2:09:13 PM

11. snappy

Posted by: Glenn I | Mar 4, 2014 2:21:57 PM

12. I thought it was awesome. gay men, portraying gay men (not drag queens) creating content that is honest and funny and reflects what actual gay men are like in some respect...it was funny, relatable, that's not easy, and they did it. I hope they continue.

Posted by: steve | Mar 4, 2014 3:49:00 PM

13. this was better than the first ep. speaking personally, i'd hate to be friends with these guys, but being real their venomous words would cut me down instantly.

Posted by: luke | Mar 4, 2014 9:33:12 PM

14. I hate the word "app". Is our culture so lazy that we can't say "application" but rather a stupid sounding abbreviation?

Posted by: merci2 | Mar 4, 2014 9:45:44 PM

15. Dating is over. No one but pathetic, codependent simps do that, anymore.

Posted by: FFS | Mar 5, 2014 12:13:22 AM

16. ugh, dating apps really bring out my inner bitter queen. every once in a while i get this masochistic curiosity about who is on Grindr and its always the same old headless, shirtless, closeted torsos as the last time i looked, 3 months ago. most of the people who prowl on there are shallow or immature or closeted or some combination of the above. on the one hand its nice that these apps can facilitate meeting new people but on the other hand they tend to attract a pretty sleazy crowd.

Posted by: Lucas H | Mar 5, 2014 11:26:40 AM