Comments

1. TonyC says

This is one reason movies are a real turnoff. If he didn’t make a big deal about this i’ll bet the movie would make double .. My brain keeps referring to a Truman Capote interview with J.Carson.. Capote: ” most actors are idiots!” And here’s a prime example

2. Glenn says

I can understand why he did the shirtless ban — he wanted to be taken more seriously and not be seen as a piece of meat, ans showing off your body probably doesn’t help his anxiety issues.

3. alex says

@TonyC: Huh? What is the “big deal” that you seem to think cost the Capt. America sequel an additional an additional $100+ million in sales?

Considering this film set a record for the best opening in April in the history of film, I think that whatever issue you have with Mr. Evans isn’t shared by anyone else.

4. says

I think it was silly to say he didn’t want to do any more shirtless scenes. As an actor, you do what’s in the script, within reason.

Even so, I’ve enjoyed most of his movies, with or without skin. His body is still quite an asset — clothes don’t hide that — and as assets go, his face is probably his best. The guy is gorgeous from top to bottom. Literally.

5. Henry says

He is rather awesome. Very handsome, and contrary to John’s opinion he does a fine job with the movies he’s in. His portrayal of Captain America is actually nuanced and quietly brilliant.

6. David From Canada says

In recent pictures, with facial hair, a beard, Chris Evans looks like a lumberjack, not his best look. He needs to show off that stunning face!

7. Bryan L says

May I humbly suggest that Chris Evans and Jensen Ackles star in a movie together in which they are vying for the title of Mr. Nude America. Please.

8. RonCharles says

Henry is right; Rather awesome does describe Chris Evans’ looks. I just wish that some of Chris’ movie acting success would rub off on his brother, Scott.

9. Bill Michael says

Wow, didn’t he play in the Silver Surfer…??? The Fantastic Four or am I thinking of someone else…??? Yeah, that ‘s right. Chris Evans starred as the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four. His ass is so tight you could bounce a quarter off of it. Wow, what a hot guy. I hear he has five kids now.

10. Javier says

If you have seen the new Captain America, you will know that Chris Evans is especially stunning, jaw-dropping in this movie. The camera is really hypnotized by his physical presence. At times, his body elicited audible gasps and cat calls from the packed cinema, from men and women. His body is a work of art to behold. The visual combination of Scarlet Johannsen and Chris Evans on the scream is almost too hot to handle.

11. Javier says

12. Jason B. says

I couldn’t say it better Javier. Truly the most balanced male example I have ever seen. The new Captain America is really good and the only spots of awkward acting were due primarily to bad writing. There were only a couple of spots and his beauty glossed over those.