Alan Ball | Dance | Film

Ben Stiller Might Star In Alan Ball's 'Chippendales' Flick

Actor Ben Stiller is in talks to play gay choreographer Nick DeNoia in gay director Alan Ball’s I Am Chippendales, a film about how Chippendales became the most famous male stripper venues of all time.

Ben_stillerCinemaBlend elaborates:

If Magic Mike has taught us anything, it's that there's an audience for movies about male strippers. But it sounds like I Am Chippendales will go beyond the stage to dig into the founding and expansion of the Chippendales night club and the eventual controversy related to attempted arson, racketeering and murder-for-hire, linked co-owner Somen "Steve" Banerjee.

Variety says Ben Stiller (Keeping the Faith), is in negotiations to play the role of Nick DeNoia, "the former choreographer/partner who helped conceive the idea for the dance troupe with Banerjee and attorney Brian Nahin." He also played a big part in expanding the act on a global level.

Ball — who is set to  direct, produce and adapt the script based on Rodney Sheldon’s book — is one of the minds behind the TV shows Six Feet Under, True Blood and the Oscar-winning film American Beauty.

Comments

1. I am definitely about watching this. ^_^

Posted by: Alexander | Apr 3, 2014 1:05:53 AM

2. Please, no. For the love of all things holy (and all things unholy just for good measure)...NO!

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 3, 2014 1:17:51 AM

3. Why am I not a studio executive? I could tell everyone involved that this is a big mistake. Don't do it, Ben!

Posted by: Ken | Apr 3, 2014 7:22:03 AM

4. Sounds like an interesting story to tell. I'm in. I'd much rather see Ben Stiller in a role like this instead of the usual fare he partakes in.

Posted by: Brian W. | Apr 3, 2014 7:28:03 AM

5. he's so gross

Posted by: whatthefuck | Apr 3, 2014 8:39:54 AM

6. Stiller is looking for his serious, Oscar-bait breakthrough role. And did I hear that Magic Mike is having a sequel? I saw it in the theater which was comprised of mostly women, and a few guys who I presume were gay, and I could tell it was not the thrill ride they all wanted. I'm surprised a sequel would even be considered.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Apr 3, 2014 9:25:43 AM

7. I love that the quoted article references "Keeping the Faith" as the reference for readers as to who Ben Stiller is -- as if that's by any means the most well known, most popular, or most economically successful film he's had.

Posted by: Mike8787 | Apr 3, 2014 9:47:43 AM

8. @Mike8787, I was thinking the same thing. WTF?

Posted by: AriesMatt | Apr 3, 2014 1:09:47 PM

9. I kinda F'in hate Ben Stiller. He will ruin any movie he is in. I hope I am wrong.
    Now his dad, in his prime, was hillairous. Not so much these days though.

Posted by: KevInPDX | Apr 3, 2014 3:30:37 PM